Tokens being removed/reset/bugged

Post here if you are having trouble with something.
CynicalMimikyu

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:26 am

I have been watching for a while, however recently joined the cohhilition site not long ago, however, I have never seen over 4 lifetime/working tokens. So yesterday I enabled the extension below the stream and have seen this lifetime token value go above 20 a few times, but anytime I come back to the channel or have to refresh the tokens are reset to 4-5.

Is there a punishment system for not talking in chat or is this a bug that is resetting my tokens without the website picking it up? Even now the extension below stream shows I have 5 lifetime tokens, yet the website hasn't noticed this at all. I assumed there would be some delay in the website updating the token, however, the fact is it has never went above 4 for the time I have been part of the cohhilition site.

The profile says that I just joined yesterday, is this due to my name change on twitch/resetting of tokens?
BarryCarlyon

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 am

The extension displays "an estimate". And will periodically reload from the "source of truth"

So this swould suggest that you are not showing in chat properly for us to detect you.

Pleasee refer to the Token FAQ: http://www.cohh.tv/tokenInfo

TLDR: I can't see you, so you are not earning tokens. As a result, the extension shows you an "estimate" as you recieved the "tick" but you were not in chat according to our systems.

No you do not need to "talk" in chat. You just don't show in the chatters list.
CynicalMimikyu

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 am

So is this just a random thing that will happen? Even offline you earn tokens, right? or is that just when you're watching vod on twitch / sitting on the offline screen? I wont get tokens because of a twitch error or is there something I should be doing to insure I am viewed in the chat list?
BarryCarlyon

Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 am

You should also read the two Q. points from the stickied post under help

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29530

That explains further, heres a quote:
In order to give you tokens you need to be visible in the Twitch Chatters list. (The list icon below chat.)

Here is a non exhaustive list of things that could result in you not showing in chat:

- If you are set to Invisible, (Top Right in the account drop down on Twitch)
- You closed chat using the little [>] icon top right
- You clicked full screen on the video player, and Twitch Chat disconnected itself
- You are watching on a Smart TV or Console where there is no chat, then you won't show in the viewer list

Most of these issues can be solved by opening chat in another window, or not being invisible.
cynicalmimikyu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 am
or is that just when you're watching vod on twitch / sitting on the offline screen?
You don't get Tokens for watching VOD's since you "leave" chat when that happens, (unless chat is open in another window)
CynicalMimikyu

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:53 am

My twitch was set to offline, so maybe that was the problem;

thanks for the info and sorry for the inconvenience.
BarryCarlyon

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:35 pm

All good!

Hopefully that should do the trick for you!