7 Days to Die Server

Server info for various games played within the Cohhmunity will be posted here.
KillerRyuk117

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Could we get a save/copy of Cohh's 7DTD server?
DecapitationJoe

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 pm

I second this request!
FuraiTHD

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:45 am

Isn't it better to open it to subs when Cohh is done playing there?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."
old_fart_gaming

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 am

I just want to play with someone I trust is not going to PK me. Not sure I want to purchase this game if there is no way to play anyone. I don't think Cohh is going to make a Cohhilition server.
Joulkath

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 pm

They are having issues getting a whitelist server to work I guess, he did say he'd like to open up a sub server for it in the beginning.
AshenTemper

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Definitely would be up for a svr as well. In fact, been tinkering around with the svr settings so I can eventually run my own but would be great to play with some others!
Joulkath

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:14 pm

I wonder what a game named Cohhilition on the random gen map would look like since the game name is the map seed... I'm going to have to check it out in the morning...
KillerRyuk117

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:30 am

Is there no way to copy his progress? I just want to play by myself.
AshenTemper

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Haven't fully explored it yet but I made a Cohhilition world and its mainly all snow at the top and forest at the bottom with a decent sized river cutting through them and a spattering of fire lands. Haven't found anything crazy on it yet. Is there a tool that exports a map in image format like you see on sites like this: https://cbsm.envul.com/view-7-days-to-die-map-1629/
Joulkath

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:52 pm

[QUOTE="AshenTemper, post: 36982, member: 88824"]Haven't fully explored it yet but I made a Cohhilition world and its mainly all snow at the top and forest at the bottom with a decent sized river cutting through them and a spattering of fire lands. Haven't found anything crazy on it yet. Is there a tool that exports a map in image format like you see on sites like this: https://cbsm.envul.com/view-7-days-to-die-map-1629/[/QUOTE]

I found an expansive area of what I call Barrens (Not quite Desert, but Not Forest either). Police Station in the middle of nowhere, a street sign that proves I'm in the middle of nowhere...
[ATTACH=full]1688[/ATTACH]
Mental Note: Make a left turn in 246km.

Some interesting Terrain actually, I built a place and managed to survive my first 7 Days. I got lucky and managed to have a forge up and running by Day 2.
[ATTACH=full]1689[/ATTACH]
Attachments
ziva.jpg
AshenTemper

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Nice! I forgot, I have my world set up to be a lot smaller (playing with some stuff before I make a real server)... since it can only have like 50 people on it at a time, don't want everyone spread the four corners. The default is 10,000 and I set mine to 1,000 (which is still big!).

TL;DR -- You probably have more stuff in yours since I have a condensed world.
Joulkath

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:11 pm

[USER=84652]@KillerRyuk117[/USER] Sorry, missed your post initially, I think you'd have to get a complete copy of the server files to continue where Cohh and his Team left off. Otherwise It's just the default Navamesh World.
KillerRyuk117

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:02 am

[QUOTE="Joulkath, post: 36988, member: 61504"][USER=84652]@KillerRyuk117[/USER] Sorry, missed your post initially, I think you'd have to get a complete copy of the server files to continue where Cohh and his Team left off. Otherwise It's just the default Navamesh World.[/QUOTE]
Ok. Thank you. Wasn't sure how 7D2D did their infrastructure.
Xaimbarg

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:54 am

I'm up to Grouping, Just bought the game and I am loving the heck out of it, except, i keep getting completely wiped out, still haven't made it to Horde Night, usually night 5 or 6 there are so many , I end up dying hundred's of times trying to whittle the horde down. BTW loved watching Cohh and the Mods set up the Cohhilition Vault, watching that made me want to buy this and play it. Solo its a bit hard, but I am excited. My last game night 5 I managed to kill off the 3 Screamer's that kept calling in the Horde, end result by the time I killed all of the Zombies night 6 was falling, I knew i'd never make it through Night 6. I'd managed to once before and it was insane Experience, i'd died so many times my base was completely destroyed. I'm kinda slow but I can do whatever is needed, I can haul resources, Mine, whatever is needed.
AshenTemper

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 am

If you're looking for a multiplayer server, I'm playing on the following while I set my own up (doing some prefab layouts so its taking time because, well, I try to make it perfect (and fail)). This server is pretty fun and helpful, though:

http://7daysfg.co.nf/ on the "Apocalypse Map"

If you happen to join up and see me (same name in-game, AshenTemper), I can probably get you started out or let you share my underground vault area till you're more set up.
Xaimbarg

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 am

[QUOTE="AshenTemper, post: 37223, member: 88824"]If you're looking for a multiplayer server, I'm playing on the following while I set my own up (doing some prefab layouts so its taking time because, well, I try to make it perfect (and fail)). This server is pretty fun and helpful, though:

http://7daysfg.co.nf/ on the "Apocalypse Map"

If you happen to join up and see me (same name in-game, AshenTemper), I can probably get you started out or let you share my underground vault area till you're more set up.[/QUOTE]

I dont have the Apocalypse Map where can I get it?
AshenTemper

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 am

Oh, that's just what its called. It's not a mod'd map so you can just play it directly. If you click on the banner on the first link or just go directly to https://7daystodie-servers.com/server/38571/ you'll see a "Connect" button so you can connect to their server.
Xaimbarg

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

[QUOTE="AshenTemper, post: 37227, member: 88824"]Oh, that's just what its called. It's not a mod'd map so you can just play it directly. If you click on the banner on the first link or just go directly to https://7daystodie-servers.com/server/38571/ you'll see a "Connect" button so you can connect to their server.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one with boats and churches? After the 4th Horde Night and death i left. One of the pricples was someone named Dio, i believe was that it, I also saw another name of someone named Pisser.
AshenTemper

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:44 pm

That's the one. They had to restart the server (they literally moved to a new host) due to technical issues. I don't run with Dio or Pvt much but they stop by every so often. For the most part, I'm just playing around on there since there is a decent amount of people until I finish my server (which will probably be the weekend after next... I'm out of town this weekend and don't want to do a launch when I'm gone, heh) which will be a much smaller map, sort of forcing people to be much closer and hopefully coordinate.
ww2ogre

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Before you start a new server, I would wait until Alpha 15 releases. Then start the server so you do not need to wipe and restart. Most of the community is doing that.

In the Mod and Server discussion of the steam forums and in the official 7dtd forums there are tons of people willing and able and friendly to help you out with your questions for running a server and modding it. I personally recommend Valmar or spider for gaining good information. Both of their mods are extraordinary. Valmod and JZmod.

I usually play on spiders server True Survival Hardcore that is a pvp server and heavily modified. It also has a whitelist and kicks pings higher than 250 so few if any hackers make it in or stay for long. Currently the server is down until alpha 15.

For a friendly PVE server I recommend Rainy Skys Seattle on the West Coast and Xype's Mythmoor on the East Coast. Both are in the modded server que. I play on both periodically until alpha 15 starts and once again I will be back on spider's server. Spider also has tons of information he shares with people and his and Valmars mods are fully downloadable so you can play them in solo or use them for your own server. They even will let you know how to customize what they have done.

I play PVE, but almost always like playing on a PVP server. Why? Because its a survival game, just because I am a nice guy, does not mean everyone in the apocalypse will be nice. To me, it keeps me on my toes and makes me play safe.

New player guidelines. In vanilla game not alot to say. Be careful. On day 7 to avoid the horde, dig, baby, dig. The deeper the better. If you want to fight the horde then use lots and lots of spikes. If you dig, always have multiple exits. I have had zombies literally rain down in my tunnels. If you want to know about what is coming in alpha 15 then go here: http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/

I am wwiiogre on steam and in 7 Days to Die. I have 1700+ hours playing the game. :)

Good Luck

Chris