7 Days to Die Server

Server info for various games played within the Cohhmunity will be posted here.
AshenTemper

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Yeah, I debated waiting till A15 but, being in dev previously, I know that dates... shall we say, shift. This gives me a chance to play around and not get too invested knowing there will be a wipe.

Didn't know about his tumblr page, thanks for that! I sub'd to his YT a few weeks ago, though: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrUPm ... Ros3TYOpEA Looks like his Tumblr has a bit more on it, though.

A15 sounds like it should be fun! I saw some of the new POIs and his Q&As talked about some of the new features... But, my assumption is they will keep holding out on A15 until (1) the whining gets too much, (2) they see a big dip in interest, or (3) they are happy with the build. So it could still be a little bit of time (or did he release a date recently? -- granted, I still subscribe to the Soon(TM) response):

ww2ogre

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Ashen,

After following this game for most of a year, I am pretty sure they release the alpha when its nearing ready and they know whether all features will make it or not. Hence the reasons bandits are getting delayed. They usually release a new alpha around a holiday. Was hoping for 4th, now figuring it will be Labor Day.

Chris
AshenTemper

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Ahhh! Well, damn, that is soon then. Hmmmm... I can procrastinate at least until then.

Thanks for the info!
ww2ogre

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Do not take my Wild Arse Guess as accurate, its just a guess.

Chris
Joulkath

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:05 pm

WAG eh? Tails aside, I think a smaller map would be better honestly. I played SP on the default sized Cohhilition seed. It corrupted on me (terrain started to appear/disappear whenever I dug a hole (diggydiggyhole) and I'd litterally fall through the terrain). Smaller map might have prevented that.... I'm going to keep an eye out Ashen, and when you get it up I'll show up. =)

Was trying some rather odd builds. Did you know you can't repair through the iron bars? It totally screwed up my killing field. Dug a 5x5x3 hole, put an iron bar roof on top and then put a layer of log spikes above the bars... Couldn't repair the spikes. :( Still fun though to kill zombies above you though.
DecapitationJoe

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 am

Dev casually mentions A15 due out this week. Hopefully we could get a server going at that point.
AshenTemper

Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:55 am

[QUOTE="Decapitationjoe, post: 38115, member: 15368"]Dev casually mentions A15 due out this week. Hopefully we could get a server going at that point.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! I actually created a dedicated server eventually but it's a small gameworld and I plan on redoing it for A15 (although I might give A15 a week to settle to make sure there are no major issues):

http://www.seandahlberg.com/zompocalyps ... ameserver/

Granted, I'm sure some ppl will be running a Nave world (I generally do RWG) since there are some major changes to that map. Do we know if there will be an actual CoH svr or just fan-run (not that the latter is bad!)?
Joulkath

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:46 pm

A15 is out as an Experimental Build.
SarXx

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:40 am

If anyone is looking to make the game a little more challenging/varied/exciting here's a great mod to consider.
Personally I'm having loads of fun with it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthrea ... y-SDX-team.