Doog's PvE Rend Server

Server info for various games played within the Cohhmunity will be posted here.
DoogenAC

Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:22 pm

hi all I'm at it again. Not an official Cohhilition server.

ServerName=DoogenationREND
ServerDescription=Doog's PVE REND Server 5x EXP, 2.5x gathering
ServerPassword=doogREND2018

Keep the chat safe for work and family. No griefing. Enjoy!
DoogenAC

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Three of us spent the day's gaming time yesterday levelling up "green" faction.

I don't expect Cohhilition will muster 60 people so I'll be exploring how to tune this server to be a better fit for mid-to-smaller size play group.

We could use a few more on "green!"
DoogenAC

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Three of us spent the day's gaming time yesterday levelling up "green" faction.

I don't expect Cohhilition will muster 60 people so I'll be exploring how to tune this server to be a better fit for mid-to-smaller size play group.

We could use a few more on "green!"
Bamoose

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Hey Doog,

Are you going to have a cohhilition friendly server when early access hits tomorrow? I'm debating if I am going to pick up this game. It looks like fun but I'd rather play with the cohhmunity than the average horde.
DoogenAC

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Yes that's the plan. I'll have to sort out and navigate after release at 1pm EDT / 10 am PDT.

Will plan on using the same server info I posted above.
DoogenAC

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:03 pm

And if you care to join many of the birds flocking to my REND server, see: https://discord.gg/t3tHCr

Family Friendly and Safe for Work chat, topics and char names please.
DoogenAC

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi folks we are online and not precisely how I intended, but deleting the game file folder wasn't then allowing me to initiate a fresh installation with steamcmd. And if you have tried creating a server, the "tool" menu that FK suggests does not have Rend Server on the tools list. SteamCMD It was saying the game was up to date evan after renaming the entire server installation folder. (/shrug)

And so the "green" team has about one day's progress. I had hoped to zero it all three factions out, and here a few hours after launch, how to do that is not obvious.

So join up, join as the GREEN faction if you want a head start boost. Things are in PvE mode after all.

server name: DoogenationREND
password: doogREND2018

for your game filter, search for "doog" and turn the "No Cheat Protection" check box OFF.

Enjoy!
-Doog
DoogenAC

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 pm

And a simple update in case any of you all want to create your own small-population server, After ~4 days and perhaps 15-18 or so player hours/day, using 2.5 exp, 3x gather and 10x research we are all able to use second tier tools, weapons and armor. We're building up for a Saturday evening Reckoning and at our current rate, will have around 2k-2.5k souls in our tree. I believe Cohh's stream yesterday was with around 8k souls in their tree and it didn't look too strenuous.

Come join us if you are interested in the very cool build tree this game has to offer! We're getting into pets, and exploring the further reaches of our and neighboring zones.

-Doog
Willmannen92

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 am

Is the server still active? And PvE settings, does this mean you have turned off PvP completely?
DoogenAC

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 am

Yes, I have the PvP stuff turned off, I simply don't care to game with trolls, or to lose hours and days of progress to some shenanigans. The Cohhilition has been a great place to find folks who just want to chill and hang out - my ARK servers, for example, have been open to the Cohhilition and we don't have to fight off idiotic alpha tribes -- we just play the game and have fun.

REND seems to be heading that way as well for us - so far we have had about ten unique logins and 4 - 5 regulars players after a week.

Our reckonings are scheduled weekly - Saturday evenings.
DoogenAC

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:13 am

We are up and running Patch 1.1

Please note that I'll be about a day getting to apply 1.5 later this week.