Battlefield 4 server

Server info for various games played within the Cohhmunity will be posted here.
Opep64

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:39 am

We now have a BF4 server. You can find it by applying a filter in the server browser and searching for "cohh". I'm going to post some information here about what we can control on the server for discussion. Remember, Cohh has final say on all settings applied to the server.

We currently have the server set to ranked and on a Conquest Large rotation with all the maps. Official servers have few options. Here are the things we can control for ranked:
  • Server name and description
  • Game modes, map rotations, number of rounds per map.
  • Player limit (we have a full 70 slot server but can lower the player count if we want)
  • Spectator limit
  • Whether or not commanders are allowed
  • Round time limit
  • Tickets (1-1000)
  • Vehicle respawn delay
  • Soldier health (59-125)
  • Idle time before an automatic kick (235-375 seconds, default 300)
  • Whether or people are banned from the server for repeated Idle kicks
  • Whether vehicles are allowed (why would I ever turn that off :)
  • Enable friendly fire (off by default)
  • Show nametags (on by default)
  • Show hud (on by default)
  • Show minimap (on by default)
  • Use killcam (on by default)
  • Use hit indicators (on by default)
  • Regenerate health (on by default)
  • Whole mag reload (on by default)
  • Spawn on squad leader only (on by default, but we have turned that off)
Things like Auto-balance and PunkBuster are on and cannot be turned off for ranked/official. From what I can tell Auto-balance doesn't apply if you join a game by joining on a player.

Apparently I can also designate players as VIPs. VIPs are put at the top of the join queue for a full server and if "Aggressive Join" is turned on a non-VIP will be kicked off of a full server to make room for a VIP. I haven't tried this, but kicking people seems unfriendly.

I can designate in game admins that can run commands from chat (like !ban, !kick, etc.). Right now Cohh and I are admins.

We can also have an automatic server message show at certain intervals.

The host provider also has an option to auto scramble teams between rounds (this is off and I have not tried it).

Cohh, we can control some of these things via RCON (I need to get you that info). I'm not sure if everything I posted above can be handled through and RCON client (like Procon) or not. You certainly can control map rotations, player management, etc. I also can control all of this from the hosting providers control panel, plus things like restarting the server, viewing usage, etc.. It looks like I can designate you access to the panel but you would need to create an account on the hosting provider and give me that info.

--Opep
Drolvahr

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 pm

One thing i would say is to have Admins be VIPs and use Aggresive-Join. Because if a server is full and someone is in the server doing something that NEEDS admin assistance, not being able to join could be very bad.
Intel i7 3770 - EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig2 - 8gig RAM - 1TB HDD
Windows 8 64-bit - Steam ID (Drolvahr Maldastar) / Origin (Maldasar52)
Soltanis

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

It's possible to perform admin commands remotely, without having to connect using the game client.
Opep64

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Yes, you can run admin commands via RCON when outside the game. That's how I've been making changes for Cohh even when I'm not playing. I have the RCON info and Cohh has it now too.

If an admin is already playing it's easier to just do a quick kick, ban, move, or scramble from within the client rather than hop out to another app.
Drolvahr

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Opep, do you have a full list of what an In-Game Admin can do? Just curious what they all are. Thank you again.
Opep64

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:25 pm

!kick player - Remove player from game
!tban player - Remove player from game and prevent them from getting back in for 15 minutes
!ban player - Permanently ban player
!say message - Send a message as admin (should now work)
!sayto player message - Send a message to a player
!yell message - Post a message in the middle of everyone's screen (doesn't work)
!yellto player message - Post a message in the middle of a player's screen (doesn't work)
!nextmap - Immediately end the current match and go to the next map in the cycle (I don't know if scores are saved from previous match)
!scramble - Randomly mix up the teams... If done during a match everyone is killed (but the death doesn't count against them)
!move player - Kill a player and move them to the opposite team (death doesn't count against them)
!restartmap - Restart the current map (I don't know if scores are saved)
Opep64

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Oh... and
!kill player
Drolvahr

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Opep. If possible would you be able to add another In-Game Admin Message following the "Welcome to the ......" that states "Please be mindful of your language. Thank you." That way people see it every so often and admins don't have to constantly repeat it to those who swear. Makes it less likely people will say that and if they DO say things then we know its because they just don't care about the rules.
sauyri

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Will add that we got 2 more servers now.

One based in New York - 20 slot Dominition Only
Other based in Frankfurt - Germany - 32 slot server running Conquest Normal atm
Rynea

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks Sauyri!

I'd love to play on the EU one, both because I prefer smaller battles with 10-15 max on each side and I'm from EU and on the current one I always get misplaced because of lag and then end up getting shot even though standing behind things, because the server actually placed me around the corner.

Any chance there are some other EU people around during the evenings/nights CET to get some games running on that one, or perhaps some US people who want smaller scale battles too?

I'd love to see that server filled more often, but it can be kind of boring if 0 people are on, so it might be the best to arrange some times when people will be available.

~Ryn

PS: Drol is a meany.
Opep64

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 am

I'm letting the 64 player server go inactive on January 4th since BF4 is cooling off and Sauryi's servers are able to handle the demand. (Thanks again Sauryi).

--Opep