Duty Free Music question?

Posts about media, music and video
Fireside_Stories

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 am

So I started streaming recently. If you've seen my stream, or just looked at my icon thingy next to my name you'd know or guess that I wear a top hat while streaming (Still new to streaming and working on my setup / "stage presence" and all that fun stuff.)

Long story short just for fun I did a youtube search for Mad Hatter and found this song

[MEDIA=youtube]6GtPW4nB3Ro[/MEDIA]

Well the song got stuck in my head so I've started listening to it before I stream which got me thinking it would make a great song for making an intro video. Of course there are copy-write laws and stuff like just doing the right thing in regards to using stuff other people created... so I was wondering if anyone knew of a duty free bit of music that had a similar sound / tone / theme etc?

I'm not going to be worrying about making an intro anytime soon I'm going to need a lot more stream clips from a variety of games first. (Also I'm still way too new at all of this and have other things I need to do first) But I figured I'd ask now while the idea was fresh in my head. I've been doing a lot of browsing thought duty free music websites but there is just so much to go through and nothing has really jumped out at me yet. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in-case someone just happened to have run across something or has a favorite bit of duty free music they'd like to see get used or even someone who makes music they want to...

Okay I'm rambling again and I need to cut this short before I start a philosophical debate on stuff like intellectual property ownership... does copy-write help or harm creativity? How long should pass before something becomes public domain... etc. All interesting topics for debate but I'm derailing this away from my own original question...

The writer in me is screaming at me to go back and edit this so that it stays on topic... the crazy person inside me is delighting in this strange stream of consciousnesses exercise this is turning into... Okay stopping now at lest the typing part of this post I'll probably keep thinking about this for a while now...