Asian Metal Music

Posts about media, music and video
Ichigeki1

Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello fellow Cohhilition members! as a music lover myself i love many types of music, but specifically i love Asian metal (death metal, thrash, speed metal, ect) if anyone wants any good bands or has some bands they would like to post here (please keep it metal/rock related i'm not a huge fan of j/k pop though i do like some of it) it would be amazing!! i will list a few more well known Asian Bands to kick things off and feel free to contact me on here or twitch if you want any info or just wanna chat :D

1)Maximum the Hormone-really good nu-metal,heavy metal band from Japan that mixes genres very well. really upbeat with heavy pop influences (on their later albums) and good vocals featuring both male and female ones!
2)Acrostix-very down and dirty thrash metal band from Japan,very gritty and "janky" but really good energy to them, very ramones meets slayer going on here.
3)Blood Stained Child-pretty popular techno,nu-metal band from Japan, they change their styles around almost every album so prepare for some variety. good female vocals on their latest album and their 1st one is much less techno and more heavy metal.
4)Dr. Core 911- a rock with pop infused Korean band that is really good for chilling out,vocals can get a bit wierd and shrieky on some songs but overall very solid band.
5)Sabbat- not to be confused with Black Sabbath lol, this Japanese grunge metal band is quite good, as i said very grungy and ruff,alot of dark themes in it so be warned.
6)Unsraw- getting into the heavy death metal stuff these guys unfortunately disbanded in 2011 due to injuries,still have a fair collection of music, they are a visual Kei band as well and their style definitely follows that,they combine death metal with crazy insane sounding vocals,very schizophrenic.
7)Intestine Baalism-getting even heavier, this Death metal band from Japan is insane, they are pure old school Death Metal mixed with a dash of speed metal thrown in for good measure, vocals are amazing but quite scary for people new to Death Metal so be warned. also fun fact, they sing in English ( though hard to tell lol) but be wary of looking up lyrics, they are very graphic and intense.
8) Abigail- last one is the most intense imo, These guys are freaking Insane Black/Thrash metal heads from Japan. They have been around for over 2 decades and still tear shite up, They call themselves "the most evil band in Japan" and have lived up to their moniker during some of their show (they have hired prostitutes to come to shows and do their "job" with members of the crowd, and have used an air cannon to shoot cocaine into the air). some of their works are much more "thrashy" than black metal, but still very good, and a few of their albums are just something else ( i suggest the album Intercourse and Lust to see how heavy these dudes get). Be warned though, these guys are very explicit and graphic (their album titles talk for themselves) but still very good music.
This is all i'm going to list for now, i do have a few more bands that i listen to, but these are the main ones. Again, feel free to post and/or contact me with questions and/or new music!!
Insanity is relevant to personal normality
AniGeek5150

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 pm

another good but kinda funny suggestion is Baby Metal
AniGeek5150

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:50 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]cK3NMZAUKGw[/MEDIA]

and example of Baby Metal
LyonsDeFlamand

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:45 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]4jYsu5-TJQ8[/MEDIA]

The one, the only Chthonic
ticktock1231

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:01 am

This post is pretty much the reason why i bought a website sub and look at the new posts. Simply great stuff. I love learning about these things.
LyonsDeFlamand

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:02 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]vw30J8dlRCU[/MEDIA]