Concerts: Past, Present, and Future.

Posts about media, music and video
Groceryboy_jr

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Anyone have some concert tickets in their pocket for an upcoming show? Any bands you'd like to see live this year? Any favorites from past years? Post'em up.

I have tickets for Gov't Mule /w John Scofield in March. Also, looking to grab some Weird Al tickets for June. I'd also like to see Faith No More, but the closest they are coming to me is Philly and I live in NC. Maybe they'll add more shows later in the year before they kill each other again.

My favorite show of all time that I've seen is by far Tom Waits. I don't know if I will ever see a show that will top that one. Unless they bring Frank Zappa back for the dead.
Malta1565

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 am

I'm not much of a concert goer. Not a fan of crowded, noisy places.

I've seen The Who and Suzzane Vega a few times each. And tommy makem and the Clancy brothers a bunch of times. Only other concert was the mighty mighty bostones.

I'd like to see Dido live and my "fantasy" concert would be a Syd Barrett led Pink Floyd. But otherwise I'm a recorded music listener.
Groceryboy_jr

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Mostly these days I only go to concerts that are in proper theaters. I'm not really into standing up all night on a concrete floor and jockeying for a good spot to watch. Syd Barrett Pink Floyd would be truly amazing to see. I saw Gilmore Floyd and then years later Roger Waters, but neither were the same as that Barrett Floyd. I'm not much for crowds either, but as a musician myself my desire for live music usually overwhelms any other feelings.
skullnbones22

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:01 pm

I did see Tenacious D, I think it was either this last year or year before. Met John Konesky. HAH! If Zappa rose from the grave, I would pay infinite money to see him lmao. I went to go see Clutch this last summer. I want to get tickets to go see Leslie West.