Help Cohh Have the Best Dark Souls III Run Ever!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
TheClaytitan

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm

The Chivalrous Knight: You live your undead life according to the honorary rules of chivalry. You shall always be the champion of the Right and the Good against injustice and Evil. You must never lie, and remain faithful to your pledged word. You shall not recoil before your enemy.

This comes down to a couple of gameplay implications.
- you can't lie to NPCs
- you may not flee from a fight, and strive to kill all those who attack you or try to attack you. This means that if a sad hollow leaves you alone, it must be left alone by you. If you do attack it you are considered unknightly, and must allow the enemy to hit you once before you can be considered knightly again.
- You have to challenge the great enemies to a duel. Bosses, all invaders and the like can be considered great enemies. The way to issue a challenge is to smack or punch your opponent with you metal fists, like a true knight.
- You may only wear full sets of medium and heavy armor that appear knightly, none of that shabby hollow stuff.
- No shields, the only time you may use them is during a duel (when being invaded).
- Only use swords, one-hand or two-hand.

All of this is up to you though Redeye
Revellion_OP

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 pm

[QUOTE="fr0z3n_ph03n1x, post: 32996, member: 79458"]Dishonorable Ninja (inspired by Red Eye) - Open to some tweaking of guidelines from more experienced players

Dual wield DEX build
Only Swords, daggers, and staves allowed
No Heavy Armor, no shields
Must Kill, or refuse help from, all optional and non-essential NPCs (i.e. Onion Bro, Giant shooting arrows at top of tower)
Vigor limited to 1 point every 10 levels
No Damage spells allowed, only utility[/QUOTE]

I like that idea ^ with base/starting class as assassin hopefully?
Crit_c

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm

[QUOTE="mrnull1981, post: 32990, member: 79811"]glass cannon sorc build no vigor allowed
will be painful to play, but entertaining to watch![/QUOTE]
Actually it's almost unplayable because of how the spells work. Some bosses require you to hit certain areas, & you can't manually aim the spells to hit those areas. You basically have to do a sorcerer mixed with melee build & also push vigor to compensate for the lower melee abilities. After Mages being easy mode for DS2, I think FROM reacted to the extreme in trying to balance the game.
Crit_c

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:58 pm

[QUOTE="fr0z3n_ph03n1x, post: 32996, member: 79458"]Dishonorable Ninja (inspired by Red Eye) - Open to some tweaking of guidelines from more experienced players

Dual wield DEX build
Only Swords, daggers, and staves allowed
Must Kill, or refuse help from, all optional and non-essential NPCs (i.e. Onion Bro, Giant shooting arrows at top of tower)
Vigor limited to 1 point every 10 levels
No Damage spells allowed, only utility[/QUOTE]
Like that idea, especially with the assassin's spook utility spell.
I'm not understanding this part though: "Must Kill, or refuse help from, all optional and non-essential NPCs". What's the purpose of that?
Crit_c

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 pm

[QUOTE="Zenzic13, post: 33008, member: 72511"]Two ideas here.

Demon Hunter: Using any cross bow (Maybe a rapid fire one at some point), A small buckler type shield and a dex weapon. maybe a whip? (not a katana). With light gear. High End, and dex. Some str and vit. But no going crazy on the vit like he normally does.

Guardian: Dual shield use, so no weapons. Shields slams are a thing. Heavy armour. Defensive miracles allowed. If there is a ring to make enemies more likely to notice you, it has to be worn. High str, end, and vit.[/QUOTE]
I think you mean vigor instead of vitality? He's been mainly pushing vigor a lot to get his HP high.
Crit_c

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:17 pm

[QUOTE="FancyFlannel, post: 33017, member: 66056"]Alexander III of Macedon

Armor: Medium to heavy
Weapon: Pike and short sword
Main Attributes: Endurance, Dexterity, Strength
Minor Attributes: Luck

Claim all items but any common or rubbish items get thrown on the ground or destroyed.
General theme and attire think "gold" weapons should be buffed with Pine Resin

Poseidon
Armor: Cloth but no shirt
Weapon: Trident (spear until found) and Sorcery
Staff: Will need something that looks waterlogged or rusted iron
Shield: Small parry shield
Main Attributes: Vigor, Intelligence, Attunement
Minor Attributes: Strength and Dexterity

In order to become whole or unhollow you can only do so in water with the Ember.
[/QUOTE]
DS3 has a very limited amount of Pine Resin that you can find, so that might not work.
Crit_c

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm

[QUOTE="watsor, post: 33019, member: 55131"]Neso of Ariamis aka Neso

Backstory: The only child of Ariamis- the Creator of the Painted World of Ariamis. Long forgotten at the top of the Cathedral of Lost Souls. It was said that Priscilla the Crossbreed kept Neso at the top of the cathedral to protect him from the dangers of the souls lost in Ariamis. Priscilla explained to Neso that his father made the Painted World of Ariamis out of hope that one day the Age of Fire would end and the lost souls would become whole again. Once the Chosen Undead slayed Priscilla he journeyed into the world on one mission - to end the Age of Fire and usher in the Age of Dark like his father wished. ( You may choose to link the fire if that is the only end option, but I'm sure the Age of Dark end is an option)

Class: Pyromancer

Appearance: Age: Young Voice: Young You can choose any build and change the appearance all you'd like but he must have white hair and pale skin.

Gift: Sovereignless Soul

Weapon : You may choose any weapons for your right hand but you may not dual hand weapons
You are very intelligent because you have spent your whole life stuck in a cathedral with a ton of books. You have learned all of the different types of magic but are most interested in the destruction arts. You must use destruction magic as your left hand such as frost or fire, no miracles. You may use shields as you wish.
You can use bows and crossbows as secondaries only, if you can use your main weapon in a fight you must ; but this is for getting items not accessible by your main weapons such as the hanging bodies.

Armor: You like to have people be intimidated by you especially your enemies, so you may use any sets that look menacing such as the Knight Sets

Stats: Strength: 25+ Intelligence: 25+ Faith 25+ Dexterity 20+ You may lvl others as you wish

Covenants: You may pick covenants that only have benefits to yourself, you may not pick covenants that are willingly to help other players but you may pick covenants that lead you to attack other players

NPC: You do not give anyone your loyalty easily so you only help NPC's that will help you in the long run and the ones that will serve you in times to come such as merchants[/QUOTE]
Like the sound of this one.
Worthy_M

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:43 pm

I like the idea of a build around the Dancers sword.
fr0z3n_ph03n1x

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:19 am

[QUOTE="Revellion_OP, post: 33036, member: 74382"]I like that idea ^ with base/starting class as assassin hopefully?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Assassin too. It's the natural pick for this build, but didn't want to necessarily specify the starting class.

[QUOTE="Crit_c, post: 33038, member: 62435"]Like that idea, especially with the assassin's spook utility spell.
I'm not understanding this part though: "Must Kill, or refuse help from, all optional and non-essential NPCs". What's the purpose of that?[/QUOTE]

I threw it in for roleplaying purposes, but it makes the run more challenging as well.
sssnaky666

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 am

I would like to see a no shield two hand dex build. ( One weapon in each hand )
OfficerPain

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:07 am

I would love to see a couple of builds

- Luck based Archer build

- Double Heavy build

- Whip (with one of them weird Devo hats if you can find one)
JFK5279

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am

Pyromancer
DEX, VIGOR, LUCK build
Dual wield only when you get it allowed
Undead_Wizard_Erik

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:38 am

I would love to see a dexterity dual wielding pyromancer build. it just sounds really cool to see someone dual weilding blades jumping around while spitting fire
GreenOut17

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:01 am

Ninja Run:

Thief/Assassin Start

Stat Priority:
Dex
Vig
End

Melee Weapons:
Uchigatana
Black Blade
Chaos Blade

Ranged:
Short Bow
Pharis bow

Shields:
None

Armor:
Fallen Knight

Rings:
I like Flynn + obscure rolling ring with dex. There are plenty of good rings to use for this build.
ClandestineWolf

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:12 am

I would like to see Cohh attempt a run as Chef Cohh

He would wear that silly chef looking hat, his weapon of choice would have to be the butcher blade (Closest kitchen utensil I've seen thus far) and he would need to wear an apron, so whatever armor is made of cloth and looks white.
Irisfarr

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 am

Divine CohhMonk

Starting Class: Deprived or Herald
Alignment: Lawful ****ing Good
Starting Gift: Divine Blessing, Life Ring, Hidden Blessing.
Main Stats: Str, Faith and Dex
Minor Stats: Attunement and Endurance
Armor: No Chest armor rest light armor (can allow a cool robe and medium (maybe))
Weapons: Fists, Caestus or similar fist weapons (No Claws) Chime ofc for Miracles. No Shields.
Weapon infusion: Blessed gem or simple gem
Covenant: Warrior of Sunlight or other holy covenant

Guidelines: Dual-wield fist weapons as much as possible. Use miracles mainly for buffs or a offensive opening no hexing allowed (cuz divine). Vigor will be set to somewhere between 15-20 to make it abit more challenging (May increase if it proves to be too difficult). Bows will be allowed for required mobs/areas.

Background: Respected Monk from an ancient order. You follow simple routines to help you stay focused, faithful and most importantly zen in the tasks at hand. Some of the routines to follow: Do it slowly and deliberately, Live simply, Smile and Serve others, Develop rituals.

With this in mind during the playthrough it is important to be appreciative of the small things and praise the sun. This will be the favored ritual and action. Onion Bro will teach the way of resting and must be acknowledged everytime with either the rest or sit emote. When temptation comes knocking in the form of invaders one must praise the sun for power in the upcoming battle. As a Monk you will also give your aid to others in boss battles and before actually aiding in any battle one must praise the sun to cleanse the ally from any ailments.
One must though avoid the temptation in the material world and stay on the divine path. This said you will not be able to use certain items (Consumables) that has not been blessed by the gods or provided for by natural means. All unholy items can be traded or sold but to stay on your holy path destroying the tempation is byfar the favored action.
Some items that are allowed: Green Blossom, Elizabeth Mushroom, Poison Moss, Mossfruit, Estus and Ashen flasks, Divine blessings.
Items not allowed: all types of bombs,urns and throwing knives
Fraternisation with other magics such as pyromancy or sorcery is frowned upon.

(If starting Class is set to Herald a good ol'fashioned strip will be needed upon the start of the game, hopefully with some good lighting and music.)
Joffsie

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:58 am

[QUOTE="mrnull1981, post: 32990, member: 79811"]glass cannon sorc build no vigor allowed
will be painful to play, but entertaining to watch!

EDIT: just to further add to this painful play-style, int and attunement must be primary focus of stats
str/dex can only be put to the required number for off hand wep, staff must always be equipped
rest of stats dont matter to much, do what u will with them, just make sure int/attn are the highest at all times

no vigor! at all! ever!!!

no miracales/dark magic

embering optional

npc summons can only be used as a last resort for beating a boss, and never used against reg mobs, nor mini-bosses[/QUOTE]

This sounds brutal - Not sure it would even be fun!
Slackjack88

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:38 am

I'd love to see a vikingbuild!
Focus on Str and Dex, no magic and only a needed amount of vigor.
Always wielding an axe, 1h/2h is op to Cohh. Shield also optional.
Aggressive fighting, no retreating nor skipping mobs/bosses.
Armor will be medium/heavy.
nullandvoid007

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 pm

A cleric faith reaper build, can only wear cloth like armour and must wield a scythe.
xenomogwai

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 pm

[QUOTE="Slackjack88, post: 33067, member: 73610"]I'd love to see a vikingbuild!
Focus on Str and Dex, no magic and only a needed amount of vigor.
Always wielding an axe, 1h/2h is op to Cohh. Shield also optional.
Aggressive fighting, no retreating nor skipping mobs/bosses.
Armor will be medium/heavy.[/QUOTE]

Watch him play now. Its exactly what he is doing except he has skipped a few mobs here and there when revisiting areas. I think Redeye has marked the VoDs on youtube as xbox full play.