Voting Time For Cohh's Dark Souls III Run!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.

Which build should Cohh use?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Maniac
42%
Maniac
27%
Maniac
12%
Maniac
19%

Total votes: 2118
DM_Teddy

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:14 pm

I was bummed about there not being a luck build. I suppose we have enough luck having Cohhcarnage stream soul pleasing entertainment every day. Ty Cohh, you da bestiest.
Radaneyy

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Spartan seems the most fun!
Crit_c

Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Lightning spear was a common build for DS2, but DS3 has changed a lot so I'd kind of like to see the Spartan.
But, then Ninja build without embers or spells? That sounds really fun too. And by fun I mean challenging.

Only issue with these builds is that casters limited to only daggers will get rekt so hard in boss fights; It might even be unplayable. I like challenges, but cause of how targeting spells work (as in there is no targeting specific spots on a boss) it just seems unfair, which isn't fun. The only caster builds I've seen do okay are ones that have a good melee backup weapon & really high vigor.
imkickbutts

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:05 pm

In the spirit of the Internet I want to vote for Cohhy McCohhface.
ZenUltracrepidarians

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:09 pm

The spartan for sure sounds really cool! :cool:
Rauros47

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Glad to have my first post be on such an Epic topic. Speaking of Epic, Spartan build certainly seems to be the fan favorite and for good reason. I do like the idea of the brutal fist weapon restricted maniac build, however. Seems like it would be quite entertaining to watch. No matter how the results turn out, it is going to be supremely awesome to follow Cohh on the journey. GOOD VIBES and FOR SCIENCE!!!
ForAutoA

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Voted for the Forest Watcher build, I like the idea of him going around hating the world and trying to cleanse everything, 'sides I think it would be awesome to check out some of the ranged stuff. :) Can't wait to try it myself.

Guess that Spartan is going to win though, am preparing myself for the "THIS IS COHHILITION" hype. XD

First post though, weee.~ Glad to be a part of this awesome community with my first ever sub on Twitch. :D Good vibes all!
McLunnainn

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

I think it's some great suggestions, but I got to admit I'm kinda sad that my suggestion of the Deprived Boss-hunter didnt make it :O Selfish, yes, but damn it would be fun to watch Cohh be put through that kind of decision making and hardship :D
savepluto

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 am

Spartan sounds veeeery fun1
KingNachoCheese

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:51 am

[QUOTE="nuuriell, post: 33266, member: 15087"][ATTACH]1613[/ATTACH]

Thank-you to everyone for all the excellent suggestions in our previous thread! Shogun Red has graciously gone through all your suggestions and chosen the best ones for you to vote on. Cohh's run begins on April 11th.

Shogun Red has asked me to post this for him; choose wisely!

nuu

So I have read through the excellent suggestions in the Dark Souls 3 post and have assembled a collection of builds based on those ideas. All these builds bring different play styles compared to Cohh’s XBox Warrior build. I did not include a LUCK based build because after research, LUCK based builds are trash because of very limited weapon selection, and the LUCK based bleed bonus is trash. When you all get a chance to play this game, feel free to play a LUCK build so the smart players can farm you in PVP. Huehuehuehuehuehue. So let’s get going.

“The Spartan” - Son of Zeus
Starting Class: Herald

The Spartan fights for one reason. To obtain the power promised him at his birth, the power of the Gods. All those before him will fall to his spear, will break against his shield, and will suffer the vengeance of his lightning.

Rules:
1: The Spartan believes in showing his enemies his bare chest to show them where to strike if they are brave enough. No chest armor or leg armor may be worn. EVER! He will not wear a helm until he obtains the first gift from Zeus, the Faraam Helm. http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Faraam+Helm
2: May only use round Standard or Great shields. His goal is to obtain the second gift from Zeus, the Curse Ward Greatshield http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Curse Ward+Greatshield
3: May not use Embers until he ascends to Demi-God by obtaining and equipping both gifts.
4: May not use Faith magic until ascending and may only use Lightning spells, Blessed Weapon, Lightning Blade and Wrath of the Gods.
5: Once ascended, all points must be put into Faith till hitting 40. Choose to ascend wisely. :)
6. One handing spears is primary weapon choice.

Stats to shoot for:
Vigor: 25 HARD CAP
Attunement: Special As Needed For Spell Slots.
Endurance: As Needed
Vitality: As Needed
Strength: 34 Minimum For Second Gift
Dexterity: As Needed To Equip New Spears
Intelligence: N/A
Faith: See Rule 5
Luck: N/A

“Forest Watcher” - Woodland Assassin

Starting Class: Mercenary

Having witnessed the spread of shadow and flame through their forest, the Shadow Cabal send their newest member to scout the source of the darkness and to stop the ember of the fire.

Rules:
1: Weapons to use are all twin weapon sets and bows.
2: Keep armor to light sets for maximum agility.
3: Embers must be collected but never used. Embers represent all that is wrong with the world and must be removed from the lands. You must obtain 100 Embers before battling the final boss, through collection of drops, discovery of treasure or through PVP.
4: All ranged weapons are permitted and even expected to be used (Not Crossbows)
5: No Shields. At all. EVER! But may be sold. :)

Stats to shoot for:
Attunement: N/A
Strength: As Needed To Equip Twin Weapons and Bows
Dexterity: Shoot for 40+ As Is Primary Damage Stat
Intelligence: N/A
Faith: N/A

“Caster” - The Force And Fire
Starting Class: Sorcerer
Child of a High Sorcerer and Witch, she journeys to the broken western world to recover the secrets of fallen gods and to tame the fire that scorches the land.

Rules:
1: Only Melee Weapons Allowed Are Dagger Class Weapons.
2: No Faith Magic, No Ranged Weapons At All (Firebombs, Throwing Knives And Such)
3: No Shields
4: Embers May Be Used
5: Only Very Cool Armor May Be Worn. Light Caster Looking Armor.

Stats to shoot for:
Vigor: 20 HARD CAP
Attunement: As Needed
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 16
Intelligence: 40+ As Is Your Primary Damage Stat
Faith: Meh

“Maniac” - The World Breaker
Starting Class: Deprived

Born Of The Anger Of Giants, Maniac Knows Only One Thing. Crush Your Enemies. Break Their Spirits. Consume Their Embers.

Rules:
1: Fist Weapons Only Once They Are Available.
2: Any Armor Is Permitted.
3: No Ranged Combat Weapons/Items EVER
4: Thats Pretty Much It.

Stats to shoot for:
Attunement: Spells Are For Nerds
Strength: ALL OF IT
Dexterity: As Needed To Use Fist Weapons
Intelligence: WORDS ARE HURT BRAIN
Faith: FAITH IN MY FISTS
Sex: YES PLEASE[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for this!
sneaky_hobbitses

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:31 am

Forest Watcher sounds AWESOME! I am totally going to play this regardless of whether it wins here or not :)
Neukhia

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Spartan build seems like it could be great to watch, could bring a lot of fun chat moments and if cohh sets up hi soundboard for it a lot the great moments could be endless xD.

Pre boss battle aouh aouh anyone?

[MEDIA=youtube]lIr8u0j08gU[/MEDIA]
calming_insanity

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:36 pm

these suggestions are pure gold
balzuran

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:39 am

Looks like Sparta for win ! Cant wait for ur PC playtrough, Cohh :D
nullandvoid007

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:13 pm

I was all up for voting for the caster option, but Sparta option just sounds so cool!
BeJust

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 pm

I am afraid Spartan will be boring to watch. Was hoping Forest Wathcer or Maniac would win...
sephraem

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

You have chosen... wisely. But the Spartan cannot pass beyond the great seal. That is the boundary-the price for immortality... The immortality of Cthulu Cat/
"You surrender after you're dead."

“Often you don't know whether a woman is friend, enemy or lover until it is too late. Sometimes, she is all three.”

“Death comes for us all. We can only chose how to face it when it comes.”
darkhollow

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Melee seems like a very easy build to play once you pump points into vigor.

I would really like him to go with a caster build, because that is currently the hardest way to play the game.
jacketxd

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Spartans are the BEST