CohhCarnage Moderation Panel at TwitchCon.

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
theb0atman

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The CohhCarnage Moderation Team will be having a Panel Oct 2nd, 2016 at 12 PM EST in the FrankerZ Theater. http://www.twitchcon.com/event/manageme ... ing-table/ We will be taking a cross section of our moderation team to discuss what it is we do and what you can do to improve your own teams as well. That being said we want to make sure we answer the questions that are most important to you.

Please take the time to respond to this forum post with anything you would like to be discussed.

Thank You!
ZeroNem

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Nice one, I'll definitely be attending this panel at the con. Would it be possible to discuss the screening process your team uses for chat/tech team mods/admins, if there are any specific qualities/skills/other that you guys and Cohh look for when choosing mods? I believe the content of this panel would be very beneficial to someone like myself that is supporting growing channels from a tech/admin/editor perspective.

Also I would love to know more about the co-ordination/management of the design and implementation of the overlay system etc, I know with Cohh's preliminary ahead-of-time game schedule that it gives the team time to prepare, but how much control does Cohh give you guys in relation to design etc. If Barry/Others could discuss the implementation/hosting of the overlay system it would be great. I know developers like to keep some info close to the chest since their system is used in on multiple channels etc, but it would be nice to hear about how Cohh ended up using the custom system.

Great thread, really looking forward to being able to attend this panel at the con.
thijmen707

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:05 pm

great to see some of the mods on the panel aswell.
This question is about how moderators look towards the viewers and how you, the moderator, want to work towards a good flowing stream.

this is something that I really would like to know, not as a beginning streamer or moderator but as a viewer, what do you work towards when thinking of the viewers? Because some of you do totaly different parts inside the whole structure that is the channel, barry as the maker of the infrastucture for instance. this question is directed to the intire mod team even though not everyone is here, I hope that the mods that are on the panel can be the representatives for the moderation team.

If there is annything you dont understand just message me and I will make a longer version or give explanation to what I would to know.

I wish everyone at the panel good luck and a lot of fun, I will be watching from Europa ;)
bluesnut

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 am

Im very interested in what tools your mods are given to help with the stream . As a moderator myself in a partnered channel and a temp from time to time in other partnered channels i would love to learn more on what some of the tools they use in moderating the channel and any tips that might make it easier to help the streamer . Is the panel going to be recorded and played back and will i have access to this ? I will not be able to attend this year and would love more info .
HellbornNL

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:49 am

cool cool i hope they will Livestream this one since i cant attend pax.

anyway my question is about beginning as a moderator.

if you aspire to be a mod in cohh's stream you get worked in i gues.

but how can a new mod in a new channel (not partnered) get to the point off being a moderator. as "good" as you all are.
???

thank you in advance and have fun!
HellbornNL

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 pm

as i tought off something else in a quick pass.

how much off the Entertainment itself (as in cohh playing games) can you enjoy yourself.

i have been helping out a bit whenever im around and i notice that if im focusing on helping some-one i miss certain (something important) parts of the game

how do you multitask this in or do you just pick one of the two things to do.

mostly this because you have to be busy with chat on important moments in the game

(sorry again for my strange build off sentences. not my strongest point. if needed i can look at the posts again and make them more clear)
bluesnut

Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:57 am

[QUOTE="hellbornnl, post: 38276, member: 24934"]as i tought off something else in a quick pass.

how much off the Entertainment itself (as in cohh playing games) can you enjoy yourself.

i have been helping out a bit whenever im around and i notice that if im focusing on helping some-one i miss certain (something important) parts of the game

how do you multitask this in or do you just pick one of the two things to do.

mostly this because you have to be busy with chat on important moments in the game

(sorry again for my strange build off sentences. not my strongest point. if needed i can look at the posts again and make them more clear)[/Q

I just do it i can't explain how i do it but i can pay attention to chat , stream and play a game at the same time . I know it took time i started by just moderating for a while . Then i played a game just something simple nothing i can't pause just incase then i moved up to harder games as i felt i was getting better but i always make sure i'm playing something i can pause . If you get a troll you may have to stayed paused for a little bit to handle them[/QUOTE]
WadeDMcGinnis

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 am

One I hope this will be hosted on Cohh's channel then pushed to his YouTube for later consummation.

My question is do you have a head moderator who oversees everything else or is each person their own self regulator? If you do have a head moderator how do you coordinate with each other? What tools do you use to ensure a continued negative presence (repeat offender under different names etc.) is dealt with?

How do you handle links? I know Cohh has some rules pertaining to them however I would like to know. At the moment I have had to put a temporary halt to them. For me they get filtered by permissions. Do you guys have a similar vetting process?

My other question is when do you as a team know it's time to add more moderators? Do you do this based on numbers, one moderator to every hundred viewers etc. Or when you notice viewers are getting out of hand and need a to be reign in?

From a technical standpoint Cohh has mentioned his bot is able to differentiate chat fairly well to ensure the bot does not go on a purge rampage. Has Cohh or the moderation team ever consider doing a walk through of how this might be achieved for smaller/upcoming streamers? A bot is your best and at times only defense against negative chat. Now I can understand if you do not want to reveal too much as it might allow people to circumvent the bot for their own desires. Just a little peak would be nice.

When Cohh made the decision to remove the F-bomb from chat, how long did it take for chat to follow the new rules? Did you as moderators have to go to extra measures to ensure the rules were taken seriously? My reason for asking this, is I recently switched to something similar and am a little concern it will hurt my viewership even though I know it is what I feel I must do.

Really sorry about all these questions but when you have a chance to pick someone's brain about something you have a passion for, you cannot miss these chances!

Okay lastly, Cohh does giveaways every month and thoughtful viewers do them as well. My question is what system do you use as moderators to determine if the key is legit or do you take it for face value? If the code is found invalid, what is the training or mindset you take when dealing with a viewer who might've gotten shafted? And what software do you use to allow for viewers to do giveaways or moderators to do them for the viewers?

Honest that is all I can think of. Even if one of these questions get's answered, I will be better informed then I was before hand. Ensuring my viewers and moderators get the best experience from me day in, day out.

Thank you! Truly!

- Wade
ZeroNem

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Hey All,

Thank you all for a great panel and for taking the time to answer my questions. I was very happy to be able to attend. All of the senior mod team on the panel passed on great advice and I'll take what I can and work it into the growing channels I'm supporting from an admin perspective.

Hope you all had a great convention, rock on!

Zero