New Twitch Subscription Options Are Coming!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
TheBodyElectrc

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am

I love the sellout emote. Tempting....

-Electrc
Asgardvds

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 am

[QUOTE="TheNapTime, post: 43561, member: 78654"]So the benefits of the websub/dual sub system which had a total cost of $7.50/month will now cost $25.00/month? This kind of thing is just one of the many reasons i'm against the twitch sub tier system. There was no change in supply that warranted the increase in price.[/QUOTE]
That is one of the reasons why many estabilshed Streamers reject the new system. They simply do not know what kind of added value they should offer for that.
It can be great for smaller streamers who can get more out of a small number of dedicated fans.
For larger streamers it really is the question what value you put behind those added tiers. Especially when your emotes are maxed out and you would have to take them away from the low tier subs.
Or you just raise the cost for an existing service by 300% like Cohh did. We will have to see if that pays off and if at least a quarter of the people who bought web subs will pay 25,- per month in the future.
I think it will work much better for growing streamers who can add new emote slots to the higher tiers as a reward.

Also I understand the argument that this can take a way subs from other streamers. I however would rather give 25,- per month to some smaller streamer then a large one like Cohh who drives a car which costs three times mine. :p
I am not saying I would unsub. But I would not go up beyond the dual sub I have at the moment which I do not view as expansive and which provides a nice benefit. Paying 25,- for an auto raffle entry however is ridiculous. (OK the sellout emote is cute though) And I don't think community support is an issue here either because that can be done through donations and bits already. The new tier system is about added benefits to a sub and I do not see any here.
The only "benefit" is that people can brag about being a tier three sub. An issue I do not see when it comes to dual subs, because those are really not that expansive.
And also not when it comes to token levels, because that is nothing you can buy. It only shows how long you are a part of the community.

OK it also sucks that streamers obviously are not allowed to turn that off. Only ignore it.
I only hope Twitch does not also put batches on the tiers.
However it is funny how the few Streamers that I have seen who actually use aditional emotes there add totally pimp-like gold emotes that only make the user seem to have some kind of inferiority complex.
Callumdk

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Personally i've been a cohh sub for 3 years+ , but i won't be changing my sub to a 10 or 25$ , since im subbed to like 15 people total , and i'm definitely not upping my sub on everyone to 25$ just to treat everyone the same way.

And the whole thing with hugeaways now a days , dual subs etc , the only perk is you're auto entered , you don't get more tickets in the hugeaway or anything, anyone can win as someone has specified, luckily i'm in a position i can always buy new hardware whenever needed , but i do feel like this is unjust on the subs that you give a random lurker who has watched for lets say 2 years, the same winning chance as someone who's been subbed for that entire time, i believe there used to be additional tickets for subs, and my stance on twitch's affiliate and this 9.95$ and 24.95$ sub, its taking the piss on people, and i guess in some channels and communities , streamers might treat subs differently , but tbh if i see that on any of the 15 channels im subbed to, i'll unsub from everyone of them and never give them a dime again.

And my websub gets paid automaticly from my paypal i can see , its linked to there, so just always make sure you have a working creditcard added to your paypal and it will never run out / expire , unless Cohh removes it completely.

That way you keep your 7.5$ tier.