Game Suggestions for Cohh's Pokemon Streams Needed!

Any new features, updates and important stuff will be posted here.
Daanootje

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm

I would suggest Pokémon Emerald (GBA) or Pokémon Platium (NDS) to start with.

Emerald is the most balanced pokémon game in my honest opinion. In terms of stats and variety each encounter. The only downside is that it's only playable on the Gameboy Advance.

Platium is an alright starting game. I just don't like the designs of the Pokémon in that game.

- Daanootje
KnasKimpan

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm

HI! longtime lurker fist time writer from Sweden here :cohhGV:

I love Pokemon and realy look forward to Cohh playing them! I would recomend first Leaf Green/Fire red then Ultre Sun/Ultra Moon or preferably 4h of ultra Sun/Moon
Belutima

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

I suggest Pokemon Black and White
Since it has one of the more better stories if not the best.
And it deals issues that most non pokemon fans Joke about, and that is about Forcing Pokemon to battle and whether its good or not. And would be a good stream to talk about with chat and bounce opinions.
And the Region is Based of NY america so that is also another point of fun since some pokemon are even designed by american artist.

But also only in gen 5 and 6 are there rotation battles and triple battles.
which is the Black and White games, and X and Y games

Rotation Battles mostly featured in Black and Triple Battles mostly featured in White,

While Fan favorite pokemon may not be there for more hardcore pokemon fans.
For cohh this shouldn't really be a problem since this is his first visit to the pokemon games and has no actual attachments to any of the pokemon.

For the Platform you could always go for the 3DS,

if Not Emulators would work aswell, if there are some moral issues, you can buy the game, show it on stream. and then play the emulator.

So a good story is for me the greatest selling point the Pokemon games can offer Cohh. :cohhGV:
Last edited by Belutima on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Setherdude41

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 am

There is a Pokemon MMO called Pokemon revolution online it has Kanto johto hoenn and sinohh in it as well as sevii islands and a couple of custom areas. My other suggestion would be Pokemon platinum since looker is involved :P
Serotriptomine

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

I would go out on a limb and say unofficial pokemon games wont be voted on.
Ashikru

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am

I'm personally a fan of the generation three games, Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald. So would love to see one of those, or better yet the remakes Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.
suplup

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Either Ultra Sun/Moon for the classic pokemon experience, or Let's Go Pikachu for coop play
Daten4

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:12 pm

I think that the balance of the systems in Soul Silver / Heart Gold is one of the best and I would recommend it over Red/Blue/Green(JP)/Yellow which as nostalgic as they might be for everyone are pretty bland compared to newer titles.
Admittedly I don't have any experience with Pokemon games after Black/White.
GuessWhoAP

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 am

Omega Ruby and Soulsilver
ziemniakiewicz

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am

Gen 4! Heart Gold/ Soul Silver
Why? Cause they allow one pokemon to simply follow the player (which is adorable), eveelutions are satisfying as hell and the overall gameplay is really nice.
Also Pokemon Sun and Moon if we wanna go 3d, cause of the Aola(?) region which changes some known pokemon (like Vulpix) into different types and colours c:
finistheending

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm

How about Cohh play a classic pokemon games and than the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Since it will be an updated version of the classic first gen. :cohhGG: :cohhDingus:
AndiBO15

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm

:cohhHi:

So i was thinking about a Gen 3 Pokemon game, Gen 2 and 1 are just too old and since Gen 3 was one of the best Gens imo.
The graphics, gameplay and Pokemon were amazing!
As the 2nd Game i'd go with a Gen 5/6 Pokemon, so he can see the differences and change to these games (Idk about Gen 7 tho... since the changes are massive in terms of gameplay and i think that thats the gen he would get bored of the most).

So yeah, am exicted seeing him playing my childhood games! :cohhGV:
Sorjha

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:03 pm

The Pokemon Games I would like to see Cohh plays are the Following :cohhTOS: :cohhS:

released for the Game Boy: Pokemon Red, Pokemon Silver.
released for the Nintendo 64: Pokémon Puzzle League.
released for the Nintendo 3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

:cohhH: :cohhGV: :cohhWaii:
Nipkis

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 am

Pokemon Yellow for the old school vibes and Pokemon Sun/Moon to see how much the game has evolved in the past 20 years or so :)
Ryuenjin

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I'd say Fire red/Leaf Green for the remakes to the originals and then diamond/pearl or sun/moon
RexMophinos

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 am

here is my recommendations for pokemon game(s)

1. Sun/Moon - first it is the newest main series game and second it has a nintendo switch port which makes streaming it very easy

2. Platinum( nintendo DS) - I think if any single pokemon game were the only one you would ever play in your life it would be this one. It does a very good job of an easy start into the game while having one of the most iconic and one of the most difficult end "boss" of any pokemon game, this games league champion. great music and also having the best "endgame" content with the Battle Frontier , far more variety of things to do endgame than any other generation of the whole series. a few more reasons some have to do with spoilers but ill stop with that.

3. Firered/Leafgreen- only because it is the GBA remake of the original games. imo not the best option though unless you plan to play more than one game than it is a great choice.

4. lets go pikachu???(Switch) - that is a big iffy , need more info about this game to recommend it, but could be a decent enough remake of yellow??

5. i don't recommend x/y . imo it is the weakest generation overall not a bad game just the weakest. it did a lot of great things but rather you pick omega ruby or the other one of the gen 3 remakes.(3DS)

have a good time whatever you end up playing :cohhL:

PS- didn't know while typing this that what it sounds like he is playing more than one of them at least a couple of hours each one? :cohhDerp:
aFatSoftDogBelly

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Rexmo91 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 am
here is my recommendations for pokemon game(s)

1. Sun/Moon - first it is the newest main series game and second it has a nintendo switch port which makes streaming it very easy

2. Platinum( nintendo DS) - I think if any single pokemon game were the only one you would ever play in your life it would be this one. It does a very good job of an easy start into the game while having one of the most iconic and one of the most difficult end "boss" of any pokemon game, this games league champion. great music and also having the best "endgame" content with the Battle Frontier , far more variety of things to do endgame than any other generation of the whole series. a few more reasons some have to do with spoilers but ill stop with that.

3. Firered/Leafgreen- only because it is the GBA remake of the original games. imo not the best option though unless you plan to play more than one game than it is a great choice.

4. lets go pikachu???(Switch) - that is a big iffy , need more info about this game to recommend it, but could be a decent enough remake of yellow??

5. i don't recommend x/y . imo it is the weakest generation overall not a bad game just the weakest. it did a lot of great things but rather you pick omega ruby or the other one of the gen 3 remakes.(3DS)

have a good time whatever you end up playing :cohhL:

PS- didn't know while typing this that what it sounds like he is playing more than one of them at least a couple of hours each one? :cohhDerp:

Yeah 2 gamea. Each game 2 hours (hopefully he will like it and will decide to continue play them :cohhLUL: )
the__Merowinger

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm

i deffenetly recommend Pokemon SNAP! N64 (should also be available on Wii) the rest is up to you :)
Crit_c

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Daanootje wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm
I would suggest Pokémon Emerald (GBA) or Pokémon Platium (NDS) to start with.

Emerald is the most balanced pokémon game in my honest opinion. In terms of stats and variety each encounter. The only downside is that it's only playable on the Gameboy Advance.

Platium is an alright starting game. I just don't like the designs of the Pokémon in that game.

- Daanootje
Do you even emulate, bruh!? j/k
Crit_c

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

I would say one from the classic era (pre-gen 4) and one that is newer. Don't know the newer gens that much, so I'd just say newest (Ultra Sun/ Ultra Moon). For classic era, I definitely have to agree with Danootje about Emerald. Most balanced, division between the rpg mechanics, story, world and gameplay is really balanced also. Also, it won't be overwhelming like Platinum could be. For these reasons I feel that Emerald has the best chance of hooking Cohh (and it's also my favorite). Also you don't have to worry about picking a starter and suddenly realizing you needed a different starter to keep a balanced team (looking at you Platinum; not having any good fire pokemon besides Chimchar :cohhRude: ).

I really hope Cohh ends up liking Pokemon and will maybe try out Go Pikachu/Eevee when they release. :cohhWow: :cohhBoop: