Cubeworld

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
emotionalplague

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:34 am

I personally think that this is not only one of the most interesting and fun games, but also one of the best alpha releases I have had the pleasure to play, especially given that it was created by only a husband and wife. What are your thought on the game and what would you like to see added in future updates?
Malbio

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:03 am

This game was amazing while the 'new' feel stuck with it, but after a while it got kind of repetitive. I hope that so much more will be added like the dragon boss he's been thinking about implementing.
Kassh7

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:12 am

The only problem I have with Cubeworld is that it currently has no objectives other than do quests.
But it has the potential to be pure awesomeness.
Hanako♥
Mika

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 am

I was bored with it within the first 5 mins lol Ill look at it maybe in the future, but right now i see it as a waste of $20
Image Image
Steam: [x]
AntiViGames

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 am

The visuals are great but you only have 4 classes and those 4 classes don't have a lot of skills!
On top of that the only goal is to do dungeons and to collect all the pets and maybe make a cool weapon by adding blocks and such...
The balancing for the game isn't all that great either! (at least at the start)
So i think its not worth the money at the moment because of lack of content but that being said its still an alpha!
acidicpure

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:18 am

It's unlikely that CubeWorld will do well after the initial hypetrain of getting it; Most youtubers only ever did like 1 video on it and didn't touch it again so it's not getting the same publicity as say.. Minecraft and a few other games, but the developer is also constantly turning away any people who try to help him with the game as he wants to do it all with his wife.

So it will be a long process and the game will be in alpha, or atleast feel like an alpha, for a long time.
AntiViGames

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 am

On top of that it has been in development for over 3 years already!
thecutestfaye

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Agreed, I really like this game. It is something that me and my hubby and son can all play together. But I am really looking forward to when it has more to it. I am not a person that really enjoys just spam killing bosses. I would love more quests. However I do really love the pet system. But that is just me.

I do think that it was great that I got it while in Alpha though, it was only 60 dollars to get it for my whole family, so that probably saved us a lot of money in the long run. And my son is very young so him learning things a little at a time was beneficial for us. But that is a very personal situation and I can see where many people are frustrated with the game.

I just wish he had waited and put a little more time into making some goals for people to work on before an alpha release. Especially if it is going to be developed so slowly.
ImTyphoon

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:16 pm

[quote=""thecutestfaye"]
Agreed"]
You're totally right. Now you'll get bored, but it's better if you have or buy it now, while it's $20, than when it's in beta and it costs $30 for example.
emotionalplague

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:13 pm

[quote=""AntiViGames"]
The visuals are great but you only have 4 classes and those 4 classes don't have a lot of skills!
On top of that the only goal is to do dungeons and to collect all the pets and maybe make a cool weapon by adding blocks and such...
The balancing for the game isn't all that great either! (at least at the start)
So i think its not worth the money at the moment because of lack of content but that being said its still an alpha!
[/quote"]

i can see your side of it, but there is a chance that as more content is added and in reaches beta then final release the price could raise. that is one thing i do like about alphas, you cant get them at a reduced price and still receive all the future updates for free.