Cohh wants YOU to decide Fallout: New Vegas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
evilbunny

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am

Cohh wants to customize his Fallout: New Vegas playthrough with YOUR help!

Cohh is open to all suggestions, such as play styles, mods, etc. Post them all here!

For your posts, please use the following template:

Name:
Selected Skills:
Playthrough Style & Bio:
Jibberjabber95

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Name: Nuka T. Cohhla (play on Nikola Tesla)

Selected Skills: Science, Sneak, Energy Weapons. (if taking the Tag perk pick something like Repair or Medicine)

My S.P.E.C.I.A.L choice
Strength:2 (+1 w/ implants)
Perception:5 (+1 w/ implants)
Endurance:8 (+1 w/ implants)
Charisma:1 (+1 w/ implants)
Intelligence:9 (+1 w/ implants)
Agility:6 (+1 w/ implants)
Luck:8 (+1 w/ implants)

Traits: Good Natured, Skilled (OWB dlc), Four Eyes, or Built to Destroy (can pick any 2, 1, or none)

Must Take Perks: Name(lvl available, skill lvl needed):
  • Vigilant Recycler(lvl6, Science 70)
  • Silent Running(lvl12, AGI 6 & Sneak 50)
  • Meltdown(lvl16, Energy Weapons 90)
  • Nuka Chemist (lvl22, Science 90)
  • Laser Commander(lvl22, Energy Weapons 90)
  • Voracious Reader(lvl22, INT 7)
  • (must take, for build sake; taking the other lvl 22 perks at 24 and 26)
Recommended Perks:
  • Educated(lvl 4, 4+INT)
  • Comprehension(lvl 4, 4+INT)
  • Finesse(lvl 10)
  • Nerd Rage(lvl 10, INT 5 & Science 50)
  • Jury Rigging(lvl 14, Repair 90)
  • Light Step(lvl 14, PE 6 & AGI 6)
  • Better Criticals(lvl 16, PE 6 & LK 6)
  • Tag(lvl 16)
  • Weapon Handling(lvl 16, STR<10)
  • Implant GRX(lvl 30, END 8)
  • (some/none of these perks need to be taken, but they work with the build)
Bio: You woke up in a daze outside a destroyed BoS bunker far east of Nevada, with nothing but a laser pistol, nuka cola cap, and a BoS tattoo on your chest to your name. The blast from the bunker caused you to forget much of your past life, even forgetting your name, though you know you have a connection to that bunker some how. You take to calling yourself Nuka T. Cola, after the cap you had on you and a guy you read in some old science text you found. You grow an interest in science and learn how to be an exceptional shot with your trusty laser pistol, especially when they never see it coming. After drifting from place to place, you hear about a BoS brotherhood in a place called New Vegas, becoming a courier along the way while searching for clues and rumors.

Playthrough Style: Whether they turn into a pile of ash or goo you don't care, because either way they will not know what hit them. Laser and plasma weapons are your forte and going for those awesome criticals(mostly by sneaking) makes it all the better. You have a preference for heavy armor, especially Brotherhood and Enclave. You despise the NCR and the Legion, but until it comes to a certain point you try not to get on their bad side. You are addicted to Nuka Cola and hoard it, because come on it tastes so much better than that poopy Sunset stuff. You eventually want to try the fabled Nuke Quantum and Victory (maybe even making them yourself). You lack an type of social grace and are not very strong to boot, but you make up for that in hardiness, smarts, and that good things always seem to happen to you. You try to do the right thing when making a decision, even when it is a hard decision. You don't have people tagging along with you as companions, though if need be you take fellow BoS Veronica and that strange robot ED-E.

Rules: You can't use VATS (if you do, tokens for all), can't drink Sunset Sarsaparilla, need to collect every bottle of Nuka Cola he sees (also prioritize using nuka cola as healing over other items, even stimpaks), can only use energy weapons( try to limit it to pistols & rifles, this includes the Gauss rifle).

And this is my character build, a sneaky juggernaut, hope you guys like it. (made some new changes)
distain2003

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm going to post this in both fallout 3 and NV because i would like the idea in either.

The trader.
Every time Cohh loots something he must leave at least one thing behind. Exaple He takes a really nice gun. "Here have this empty bottle!" I think it would be fun watching Cohh, self professed loot whore, to have to leave items behind. Also would lend to him making hilarious rp comments.
Gyranthir

Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:40 am

I want Cohh to check out this Mod, written by one of the former Devs of new vegas:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57927/?
sharpless

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 am

Name: The Serial Killer

Selected Skills: It's been a very long time since I've played this, so I can't remember the specifics of the build. I do know that they should be highly intelligent, very charismatic, and excel at melee weapons (knives and such) and guns (for when an intimate kill just isn't an option).

Playthrough Style & Bio: Kill everyone. Well, maybe not everyone, but anyone that crosses your path that you can kill without breaking the game, and only once they've outlived their usefulness to you. You're a handsome, cunning, and charming sociopath, and you live for up close and personal kills. You're not showy, preferring to kill in secret. You don't like to make a scene. The challenge is to isolate and eliminate each target without being discovered. You like knives and other sharp objects, finding guns too noisy and crass and only to be used in emergencies. Everyone you meet is just another target. Cannibalism optional.

(I swear, I'm a completely well-adjusted and pleasant human being!)
Norgafel

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Be really nice and try to solve all quests peacefully if possible but side with the legion could be an interesting playthrough
joe_otc

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:04 am

Name: Lucky
Skillz: All points in "Luck"
Playthrough Style & Bio: YOLO (-_-), that or super conservative like an life insurance agent; either one extreme or the other.
kerim_the_storyteller

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 am

Name: Mousesack (After the druid in the witcher books)
Selected Skills:
Survival, One of Melee or Unarmed, Speech
Playthrough Style & Bio:
Due to your past, or perhaps just that blow to the head, you have decided to follow the hippie.... Druidic lifestyle. You shun technology in even its most base forms.
Not allowed to use guns, drugs, energy weapons, explosives, manufactured food, computer terminals, or power armour. (If events in the game force you to use one, everyone gets tokens. In hardcore mode, you may use food if it keeps you from starving, but everyone gets tokens.)
Any item with metal in it must be dropped *immediately* (including bottle caps, and bobby pins).
Due to your vow of poverty, your inventory weight is also not allowed to exceed 50 lbs.
If you exceed this everybody gets as many tokens as the amount of pounds you exceeded the weight by.
Lastly, you must keep in balance: You must keep your Karma as neutral, or bring it back to neutral as soon as possible.
pietretronne

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:33 pm

ok,

i've never played nv, so these
might not work too well, but here goes...

you can only loot bodies you have had to kill yourself
you cannot loot houses or buildings that belong to people that are non-hostile to you, only nasty gits!

this prevents excessive hoarding (for me, anyways, on the stalker games!).

if you need cash, take a side-quest to give you enough funds to buy what it is you need.

frugal much!!
Jibberjabber95

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:02 pm

Obviously this played on the hardest difficulty, but i actually don't care for Cohh to play this on hardcore. That setting isn't really that hard.
fr0zen1

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:35 am

I ever wanted to Play an Demolition, but never did it.

Would be nice to see you doin it.
So Dynamite, Mines, Rocket Thrower and Flame Thrower would be the weapons of Choice.
That should give a wide variety of choices to approach your Enemies.
Stealth Skills should be a goal aside with the brute Demolition Skills. So you can Trap Enemies with Mines
and Finish them off with a tiny/fast Melee Weapon max. a Kitchen Knife or a Baseballbat.
As a Goal I would like to see you "Infiltrate" (Quests/Stealth) as much of the Factions as possible and when you reach the Leader, betray him and Fight your Way back out.

About Attributes/Perks i cant remember very good but im sure its Self explaining :)
Making some Money for Inplants to resist the Heat and the Shrapnels also goes on the to do List.

Let the Wasteland BURN !!!
mavr1ck09

Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 am

I think cohh should do 2 push ups every time dies in all the fallouts.
WHO WANTS COHH TO GET RIPPED
mavr1ck09

Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:34 am

Name: The muscle man
Skills: None in game
Playthrough style:
I think cohh should do 2 push ups every time dies in all the fallouts.
WHO WANTS COHH TO GET RIPPED
luketyas_

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Name: Mr. Kappa
Selected Skills: All luck.
Playthrough Style & Bio:

- Only use melee weapons.
- Rely on luck.
- No bullet weapons allowed.
- No energy/plasma allowed.
- If Cohh dies he must use a rocket launcher for an hour.
- If Cohh makes a bad choice, the chat must make him do something.

Bio:

Mr.Kappa was raised into a bullshit world. He has a large amount of psychosis and does anything to do what he wants, he likes to be lucky and get everything he can.
itssquilly

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:11 am

I would say a mod he should check out is the Project Nevada and EVE which is Esential Visual Enhancements. Nothing too major just slight adjustments
icoraxi

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:41 am

Name: Cohh
Selected Skills: melee and sneak skills and perks, cannibalism perks
Playthrough Style & Bio:
As a child you were always small framed and other children were always bullying you so you developed skills to stay out of their way and to sneak in shadows. Until one day they forced you to sneak out of the vault with them. And of course your group managed to get lost in the desert. As the group grew hungry they started to talking about sacrificing you so they could stay alive for a bit longer and that was the moment when you decided it's time for you to stand against the bullies. So in the darkness of night you got your revenge and your hunger was satisfied. Unknown for you at the time your slight mutation gave you great strength and health from cannibalism.

Eventually you find your way back to the vault and everyone also bought your story how you survived with berries while other children died.

You are still small framed which helps you to sneak around, but you developed strength to use melee weapons effectively. You are not a evil person but everyone who treats you unfairly or tries to take advantage on you will find themselves dead in the darkness or just has their life's destroyed around them. You will help those who are friendly to you.

Your taste for cannibalism will mean less and less people will be friendly towards you (ie will stay alive after meeting you) so it would be nice to see what happens later on the game.

Weapons: melee/unarmed and throwing weapons only.
Playstyle: Use sneaking when needed and use cannibalism to regain health. Lock-picking/science etc skills as you see fit.
itssquilly

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:51 am

[QUOTE="icoraxi, post: 26453, member: 30299"]Name: Cohh
Selected Skills: melee and sneak skills and perks, cannibalism perks
Playthrough Style & Bio:
As a child you were always small framed and other children were always bullying you so you developed skills to stay out of their way and to sneak in shadows. Until one day they forced you to sneak out of the vault with them. And of course your group managed to get lost in the desert. As the group grew hungry they started to talking about sacrificing you so they could stay alive for a bit longer and that was the moment when you decided it's time for you to stand against the bullies. So in the darkness of night you got your revenge and your hunger was satisfied. Unknown for you at the time your slight mutation gave you great strength and health from cannibalism.

Eventually you find your way back to the vault and everyone also bought your story how you survived with berries while other children died.

You are still small framed which helps you to sneak around, but you developed strength to use melee weapons effectively. You are not a evil person but everyone who treats you unfairly or tries to take advantage on you will find themselves dead in the darkness or just has their life's destroyed around them. You will help those who are friendly to you.

Your taste for cannibalism will mean less and less people will be friendly towards you (ie will stay alive after meeting you) so it would be nice to see what happens later on the game.

Weapons: melee/unarmed and throwing weapons only.
Playstyle: Use sneaking when needed and use cannibalism to regain health. Lock-picking/science etc skills as you see fit.

[/QUOTE]
Very interesting playthrough would love to see cohh try it
Jibberjabber95

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:40 pm

[QUOTE="itssquilly, post: 26455, member: 46074"]Very interesting playthrough would love to see cohh try it[/QUOTE]
my only problem with all these melee/unarmed builds is that is kinda what he did last playthrough....
itssquilly

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:47 pm

[QUOTE="jibberjabber95, post: 26459, member: 17556"]my only problem with all these melee/unarmed builds is that is kinda what he did last playthrough....[/QUOTE]
True True. I enjoyed the playthrough but i know what you mean, it would be good to see something different.
Jibberjabber95

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 am

So Fallout playthrough is a go-go? 11-10-15 marked on my calender.!