Next-Gen

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
emotionalplague

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm

This is not to start a flame war or is it a place to say which next-gen console is better. What i want to know is if you are planning to get a PS4 or XBOX One or even both, what are the features you are most looking forward to? For myself i have always been more of a Playstation fan so i will make that my first purchase but i plan on owning both someday due to console exclusives. I am really happy that they have shifted to x86 architecture because it will allow for games to be ported to the next-gen consoles and vice-versa.
ImTyphoon

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 pm

I first planned on buying xBox One, but when I saw the price, I thought it was ridiculously high.
Then I planned on buying PS4, but I started to play less on my ps3 and more on my pc. And I've finally become to my conclusion that I'm not gonna buy any next-gen consoles.
Shivor

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I have always been a pc gamer starting from the Intel Intel 80286. PC master race FTW.
Fluxuss

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:29 pm

I myself have always had a Playstation, as it was the first console I owned for myself, and because it came before the Xbox. So I just stuck with the Playstation all the way through.
These two new next-gen consoles, I am in doubt. I have no money for them, but if I had to choose which one, I would not be sure...
Before Xbox announced they would drop the rented game problem, I was sure I would pick a PS4, no doubt there. But now, I am not so sure, because Xbox seems to have alot more features when it comes to the media part. Of course it is a console that is meant to be played on... but it is still nice to be able to use it as a media center.
Though, the PS4, as far as I know, should be a tiny bit more powerful, and if you compare the two conferences they had, you could tell that Microsoft focused ALOT more on being the said media center, and not so much on gaming. And if you look at what Sony focused on, it was much more gaming...
But to be honest, I am having a really hard time deciding... you also have to keep in mind what games that are released on what consoles.

I hope the answer ain't too clumsy written. :)
acidicpure

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:46 pm

If I were to get a 'Next-gen' console then I probably would be getting a PS4, simply because I dislike all the stuff that Microsoft has been doing to their Xbox One. That being said I've been using xbox since the original xbox release and gotten used to their controllers so the PS controller would take a while to get the feel of.
ImTyphoon

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:51 pm

PS gamers will have to get the feel of the new controller too probably. You haven't seen the mega-sized touchscreen on it?
acidicpure

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 pm

[quote=""ImTyphoon"]
PS gamers will have to get the feel of the new controller too probably. You haven't seen the mega-sized touchscreen on it?
[/quote"]

Mostly the analogs sticks though, I'm used to the xbox ones in their positions.
ImTyphoon

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah, that's right.