New to gog galaxy

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
ayzmodean

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:21 pm

So I just preordered Battletech thru your link on gog. I've installed gog galaxy and have a question or two.

One, is there an option to play offline like steam? I plan on taking a trip by train from NY to IL to see my 1st grandson and thought that would be a good time to play Battletech during the train ride. The train doesnt have wifi. And how would I go offline if there is an option.

Two, at what time will I be able to start DLing Battletech on April 24? I will have to work 1st shift and would like to boot the game up and play once I get home.
BarryCarlyon

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:27 am

ayzmodean wrote:
One, is there an option to play offline like steam?
Should be able to, ALL games on GOG are DRM free, so you don't need to be online. If Galaxy doesn't start when not connected to the internet, the game(s) should still launch without an issue from the folder they are installed in on your computer.

This community wishlist page outlines some details: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/offline_mode
ayzmodean wrote:
Two, at what time will I be able to start DLing Battletech on April 24? I will have to work 1st shift and would like to boot the game up and play once I get home.
No idea, we are not GOG support. All I can tell you is whats on the product page for GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/battletech
GOG wrote:This item will be available for download on April 24, 2018.
six_lkms

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Got this info in the latest kickstarter update.

"The game will be available for pre-load on Steam on Monday, April 23rd at 9am PDT but the game WILL NOT unlock until April 24th at 9am PDT. Neither GOG nor Humble will have pre-load available so you’ll need to wait to download the game until April 24th at 9am PDT if you are on those platforms."