It Lurks Below - New Survival Crafting Game by David Brevik (designer of Diablo)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything gaming related
ONIDRAUG

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently stumbled on the new ArsTechnica YouTube War Stories interviewing David Brevik, inventor of Diablo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPF3Gid7DE) and got to wondering what he'd been up to. He split with Blizzard long ago and recently launched his own indie studio, Graybeard Games.

It Lurks Below is his latest game, a survival crafting game with Diablo-like elements that I think Cohh and the community would absolutely LOVE. I think this is one of those hidden gems that fell under the radar with so many games that come out. It has elements of Terraria, Minecraft, Diablo, and Stardew Valley and others masterfully implemented by one of the best game designers and devs of our time imo.

It deserves more attention than it is getting, so I'm throwing it out to Cohh and the Cohhilition. If you have Xbox Game Pass you can play it right now.

Also if you ever wanted to talk to the man himself, the guy who designed the game that shaped PC gaming and what games could be for many of us, David and his wife also stream quite often on twitch/thejunglequeen (never when Cohh is on ;P). They're really cool, helpful, friendly, and humble people so I'm hoping I can help get some grass roots momentum going for their incredible game!