New Free Company in FF14 - Looking for more people!

Cohhilition information for our arm in Final Fantasy XIV!
Rynea

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:06 am

Hi all,

While the official Cohhilition Free Company is no longer active, a group of us decided recently to give FF14 another run and start some new chars and in the end a new Free Company. This will not be a Cohhilition FC, but a smaller scale group, mainly aiming for new players or returning players who want to start up a new character or train a new class.

As such our focus will be on new players, figuring out the game together, doing low level dungeons and content and in general having a good time while exploring the world.

To keep things lively and to be able to set up the FC properly in the first place though we need more people to play with. We are currently 4 players and aim to be a smaller scale FC (about 20 actives or less for a start) where people know each other and are at about the same level range, or at least aim to do about the same content, currently fresh out of the character creator from level ranges in the 5-20's

As for timezones we're very mixed, with people from west coast, east coast US as well as Europe and have no fixed time for doing content, but try to get together whenever people seem to have time. I will try to keep the FC mostly chat centric. There are many players who see this as a side hobby and have other things going on around them and do not want to be in voice chat 100% of the time while playing. This doesn't mean that we will not use curse or other voice apps, but it shouldn't be our only communication basis or leave chat empty.

Name of the FC is still not decided. We are currently forming together in a linkshell and are still making that decision later on.

As for rules, we will set up a few later on, but in general take the chat channel rules of the cohhilition as an example and you should get a pretty good idea of what we are aiming at, especially when it comes to being helpful and respectful.

If you are interested in either starting new with FF14, want to make a new character, or just hang out with people who will focus on a new player experience, doing low level content etc. take a look below and leave some sort of contact and I will get back to you (char name for example)

Datacenter: NA
World: Faerie
Main FC Contact: Rynea Silversong

Cheers
Ryn
TrowGundam

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

I'm definitely interested. I was looking for a new server to transfer my existing character to in my preparations for Stormblood. I was looking at some of the higher population servers, but I would rather play with people in the Cohhilition community. it would be a much better experience than trying to find a random group of strangers to join. My character has SMN, SCH, WHM, BLM and AST all at 60, but I have started to work on my Tanking and Gathering classes. I'm more than willing to run low-level dungeons to help out while everyone else levels. I normally work 2a-10a Central Time and I'm usually awake till at least 4p if not later.

I need to get a few things in order before I transfer (got too much gil >_< ), my character name is Senah Akagi. I doubt that will be taken (it isn't on almost every server I've ever tried), but if it is I'll come back and update this post or post a new reply. I'm gonna see if I can't get it taken care of on my lunch break.

EDIT: Alright got transferred over. Took me a little longer than I had hoped. No name change, so just Senah Akagi.
SuddleT

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:29 pm

BCuddigan mentioned this to me yesterday in twitch chat, I'm definitely interested if I have an FC. I haven't played in over two years and I plan to start fresh. I primarily play tanky characters, but I can start out filling any role that the FC needs. I'm currently on the 3-day login event but I'll re-sub when the time comes.

Character: Suddle Tyrius
Rynea

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:41 am

Hi all,

Quick update: I got Senah invited, didn't catch Suddle so far, but it's only a matter of time \o/
As for the FC I plan to create it on Sunday. Name's still undecided, but we're working on it.

Currently we are all gathering in my 'Fairy Guard' linkshell to chat and organize till the FC is up.

Plans for this weekend:

Saturday:
Dungeon Runs early morning 4am EST / 10am CET (hurry up its in 1 1/2 hours! ;) )
Dungeon Runs afternoon EST/Night CET ~5pm EST / 11pm CET

Sunday:
FC creation, meeting all the peplez
Battle Leve day, running lots of battle leves \o/ Schedule TBD
Rynea

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 am

'Heralds of Carnage' FC is up and running! Created on the 1st of the new year with lots of fireworks, connection problems and more leve quests than a sane person wants to run on a daily basis already working our way up to that Rank 2!

We currently have 6 members, but still looking for some more. If you're interested in a new FC, that will do all the lower leveled stuff together, or just want a place to hang out with nice people from all over the world, who share our Cohhilition idea of happy helpful respectful, come join us on Faerie!
RavenIceguard

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Heya all! I am still active in ff14 and will transfer one of my characters to the Faerie server sometime this week. Looking forward to playing with you all!
SuddleT

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Soooo this is the kind of stuff that happens on Faerie apparently:

[MEDIA=youtube]2JY4ZOb6t_0[/MEDIA]

FFXIV is magical ;)
RavenIceguard

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Just would like to throw in a couple tips on leveling for the people that have been gone a while and starting over.

1. Remember your hunting log
2. Unlock "Challenge Log". Level 15 quest "Rising to the Challenge" from Limsa Upper Decks which becomes available after level 15 story quest "Call of the Sea"
3. At each main city, by the inn, there is a NPC with green leaf mark on him. Do all the "training" from them on the class that you are leveling. By the end you will have some new gear for that class and a ring that gives you 30% experience bonus up to level 30 and has very nice stats

My main character is on Zalera and has almost all jobs at 60, except mages (not really a mage person, red mage might change that). And if anyone needs any help let me know. Currently getting my tank to 60 (58 atm) and will focus on dps after that.
Fireside_Stories

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 am

Hello! I'm a semi-active FFXIV player and I've been thinking of streaming FFXIV. I want to make a new character for streaming to show off the experience of being a "new player" this means I won't be playing with any of my current FC members or anyone I currently play with on XIV.

Aside from wanting to show off the new player experience I'm making a new character for streaming because I don't want to stream my main character for a variety of reasons. Namely most of the people I currently play with are really into role-playing and they don't even want to know what my stream channel is so that it won't break their immersion concerning my character. (So yea some hardcore 100% in-character roleplayers that will blacklist you if you talk to them OOC too much) It's a fun way to play the game and escape reality but you can only do it so much at a time.

That being said it brings up the fact that not everyone wants to or is comfortable playing with people that stream even if they know they cover their chat window. They don't want to risk attracting the kind of trolling and griefing that sometimes can happen when a known streamer is playing an online game (not that I'm a known streamer lol but I might be someday... at least that's the hope right now.)

Okay I tend to ramble so let's break down the questions I want to ask.

1) Is anyone not okay with me streaming while I play if I join this FC?

2) I will be making a new character for the FC and I'll probably only play it when I'm streaming FFXIV. I am a variety streamer so I probably won't be playing on this character often maybe as little as once a week. Is that okay or are you looking for people who are going to be more active?

3) Are you going to be using voice chat? Since I want to stream my new character it will be difficult or even impossible for me to use voice chat at the same time unless everyone wants their voices on my stream.

Just to be clear I'm not asking to make this a FC for my stream... I want to be treated like any other player in-game. My viewer count is so low that the fact that I want to stream probably will have zero effect on anything except for the fact that I won't be playing on this character often. And there is already a FFXIV streaming community out there so this probably won't be doing anything to increase my numbers. But, I wanted to be upfront about my reasons for wanting to make a new character. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now but haven't got around to doing and seeing this post reminded me that I wanted to make a new XIV character for showing off the game on my stream every so often. Depending on how things go though I might play on this character more and more over time. Really I'm just wanting to make some friends that I can talk to like real people.

Okay I really do tend to ramble and repeat myself so I'm going to cut this short before it derails this thread.
Rynea

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi there,

1) Is anyone not okay with me streaming while I play if I join this FC?
You would probably have to ask the others directly, in general as a FC and for me personally I have no problem with anyone streaming the gameplay, as long as it does not interfere with the people in general. (ie. if theres any advertisement, then I would count that as interfering)

We are not hardcore players and pretty casual, so our time around isn't as high as you might expect it from other FC's, I want to try schedule some more for future events where people can join if they want to, so that might work.

Basically, if you are just streaming your gameplay, and don't expect others to behave differently just because you are streaming, I see no issues with it.

2) As mentioned above, we're all casual, so once or twice a week is normal for most members.

3) I always wanted the FC to be chat centric, as some of our members want to use chat most of the time and not voice. Voice has its benefits, and if people want to use it fine, but I don't want to have it be our main communication, because then everyone else will be forced to join voice or become an outsider, which is kind of bad if you have no chance to or dont want to use voice for whatever reason.
SuddleT

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Like Rynea said, and that's just good advice in general, don't expect for anyone to accommodate for your stream and don't let it affect gameplay during FC groups whatsoever. As long as it stays that way, I'm absolutely fine with being on your stream.

Thank you for asking beforehand. I stream from time-to-time myself so I understand wanting to have certain content. I feel like that kind of up-front dialogue is a necessary courtesy when it comes to a recurring group of people being part of your stream.
Fireside_Stories

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Exactly I don't want my stream to have any negative effects on the people I'm playing with. That's why I'm not going to be streaming on my main and why I asked ahead of time. Also I'll be covering my chat with my camera to ensure people in chat have their privacy. I can even turn names off on my screen or show initials only. I'm going to try to not even talk about my stream in game (unless I'm asked about it) though I will probably have the address for my stream in my search info unless someone objects. (And I mean has a legitimate objection not just someone trolling me in-game because I'm streaming lol)

That being said I think I might go ahead and make a new character on Faerie sometime in the next week, probably on Friday. I'll probably name the character Fireside Stories to match my twitch name. I think it works as a Roegadyn name :3 I'll keep a look out for the FC and look forward to playing with ya all even if it isn't very often. I know I'll be busy on my main when 3.5 comes out on the 17th so I'll only be on a little bit at first but look forward to meeting you all in-game.
Fireside_Stories

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh forgot to mention this but is the FC looking for any particular roles or jobs right now? I usually play BLM and it's the job I know the best. That being said this will be a good opportunity for me to learn a new job or role so if the FC is short on tanks or healers I'm willing to give it a try... I'll be really bad at first I'm sure but this sounds like a great FC for trying new things in. But if you aren't looking for certain jobs I'll probably start out as an ACN to get the subjob for unlocking BLM out of the way... also pet job is easiest job to start on IMO.

P.S. I also love gathering and crafting so I'll eventually be able to make stuff for the FC too though it might take a while with me rarely being on this character at least to begin with.
Rynea

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:42 am

I'm closing this thread here, because I made a new one with some infos on contacts and some events going forward. hope to see you around next week if you decide to make that char on faerie!

See https://www.cohhilition.com/threads/her ... ead.15832/ for more.

Cheers, Ryn