Tabletop Simulator and Roll20

A place for discussion on "live" games such as Dungeons & Dragons, Mafia, etc.
MavenOfMisfortune

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Surprised there's not a lot of talk about these two things! As a huge board game and pen-and-paper RPG fan, these two are quickly becoming invaluable for organizing all sorts of games on. Granted, I still have a weakness for gridless more story-telling based roleplaying, but there's really a lot to be said about them!

Anyone out there been playing a lot of live games online through these? And, by extension, anyone interested in doing things on these sorts of programs and sites?
Dlyrium

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:32 am

I'd be interested in doing something non-DnD/Pathfinder, perhaps Shadowrun or Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader? Maybe World of Darkness possibly.

I'm definitely fantasied-out at the moment. :p

I should point out however that other than DnD/Pathfinder I've never actually PLAYED a tabletop RPG, though I do own Dark Heresy (1e) and am more than willing to learn. I have what I think it's fair to say 'vast experience' with the Warhammer 40k world, and have played the newer Shadowrun PC games.
MavenOfMisfortune

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 am

[QUOTE="dlyrium, post: 28067, member: 43283"]I'd be interested in doing something non-DnD/Pathfinder, perhaps Shadowrun or Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader? Maybe World of Darkness possibly.

I'm definitely fantasied-out at the moment. :p

I should point out however that other than DnD/Pathfinder I've never actually PLAYED a tabletop RPG, though I do own Dark Heresy (1e) and am more than willing to learn. I have what I think it's fair to say 'vast experience' with the Warhammer 40k world, and have played the newer Shadowrun PC games.[/QUOTE]

Only systems I think I'm interested that are non-high fantasy or broad "fit-anything" systems are MechWarrior, Phase Shift, and Star Wars Saga. I might do something in nWoD, but you might be better off asking other people for that. x3
Botamigo

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm

i have loads of hours on tabletop most of it d&d stuff :)
Threeshotgamer

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 am

I've been running a Starfinder game through a combination of discord and Tabletop Simulator. Used Roll20 for years for a multitude of games but Tabletop seems to be a little more streamlined.