9-1-2015 Super Important 24hr Charity Stream for Arctix

A place for discussion on "live" games such as Dungeons & Dragons, Mafia, etc.
Arctix

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:43 pm

Hey Everyone! I hope all is well! Let me preface this by saying that I never ask these types of things but Bubsie (Bubsi3), has gone through some tough stuff recently. She's my fiancé and we recently found out that she has a tumor on the part of her brain that induces sleep. I literally depleted all my savings into MRI's, scans, tests, etc. because here in the US, even with insurance--anything that has to do with the brain is VERY expensive. What was happening is that it presses on the part of her brain that induces sleep, so not only is she getting headaches and migraines, but as they intensify, she hallucinates. Meaning she can't work, driving is especially dangerous and it really puts things into a vice.

Anyways, long story short, we finally found the procedure she needs called a Stereotactic Biopsy, but even with Insurance it's SUPER expensive-- around $4600+ expensive. I've done my fair share of charity streams (most recently raising $1650 for St. Jude alone), but at midnight tonight (9/1/2015), I'm going to be doing a 24h stream to try and raise as much as I can for her. She's practically my wife, I mean we've known each other since we were 11 and have been engaged for about 5 years. I just don't have the money anymore and rather then risk it, I'm going to do whatever I can. What I'm asking is that if anyone who reads this is comfortable with it, just either retweet the tweet (@arctixtv) or if at all possible, I'm asking that we can help spread some awareness. I'm not good at things that have to do with me or that hit home, but this is Michelle, and I'm going to do whatever I can for her. I want to add that if you're not comfortable with it, I understand 100%, but I wouldn't be content if I didn't at least ask. I never ask for these types of things so please don't take it as part of my character. You know I love the heck out of all of you and I am simply reaching out to those I care to see if I can make a difference. This is all very uncomfortable to me as it's for myself, not a charity organization-- which makes it awkward...at least to me. So I ask again that you reserve judgments as this is entirely out of my character. I don't typically ask for these types of things and it's all very strange, but she's worth it to me, and I'd hate myself if I didn't try.

Here is a link to what the procedure consists of more or less:

[MEDIA=youtube]HQojtBKiVfk[/MEDIA]

Anyways my friends, Much love to each and every one of you!
Part of the Streaming community since 2009. 6 Years and going strong.
Creator of the Twitch Roast
www.twitch.tv/arctix
www.twitter.com/arctixtv
Arctix

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am

Still going! Thank you all so much for your support. It really is awe inspiring to me. What an amazing community!
Part of the Streaming community since 2009. 6 Years and going strong.
Creator of the Twitch Roast
www.twitch.tv/arctix
www.twitter.com/arctixtv