Dark Heresy 2.0

A place for discussion on "live" games such as Dungeons & Dragons, Mafia, etc.
BCuddigan

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm

I know I've been looking to play this again for some time, and with the recent surge in interest in D&D and tabletop RPGs in general, I figured I'd post this since there are already a few people interested.

Currently unsure of the time/day we'd play, so we'll have to make it up as we get a few people in here.

Now! Onto what Dark Heresy is, straight from the Wiki!

Dark Heresy or Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay is a role-playing game sharing the same dark, gothic background as the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop miniatures game. Though the game was intended to eventually spawn two other core rulebooks covering different areas of the 40K universe, the initial releases concentrate on humanity, specifically agents of the Inquisition.

In Dark Heresy, the players assume the role of a group of Acolytes working for an Inquisitor who sends them on various missions. Depending on the type of mission, the gameplay can involve investigation, combat, intrigue, or a number of other genres. Therefore, the Game Master can tailor his campaign to suit his player group. As the players work for an Inquisitor, most missions involve rooting out heresies or matters relating to them, but the bredth of the game allows for many other other missions, including wiping out dangerous gangs, gathering evidence of corruption, or eliminating rogue psykers.

Now, some of you are familiar with the 40k Universe, some of you aren't. When I first got into Dark Heresy, I had no idea what any of the lore was, but it was still a lot of fun, since your character knows nearly nothing about anything happening in the universe until the later levels.

If you're interested, hit me up and I can offer a bit more information, especially about the differences in the system such as dice rolling and combat from this and D&D.
captaindooter

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:57 pm

I'll go on the record as admitting I've only ever played one game of Path Finder and no one I played with was willing to explain in depth what or how things were working haha But I'm very interested in this. I'll do a bit of research on my own, but of course I'd love to get a bit more information. Thanks!
moojoos

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:57 pm

not sure I'd be able to join in due to time constraints, but I have just finished running a Dark Heresy campaign for my regular RP group. If I can be of any help just gimme a shout on Twitch.
BCuddigan

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Sounds good captaindooter, I'll be able to post more information at a later time when I'm not as busy (at work currently), but I'm expecting most players in the game to be noobs at this, so I'm planning around that.
kragy10

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:50 pm

hey this souns really interesting, would love to consider it, be completly new to the whole thing and time constraints could be a bit iffy but we'll see.
captaindooter

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 am

We'd have to find a good time to Skype that works for everyone's time zones haha. I'm down though, please feel free to PM me and we can get something setup if bcuddigan is good with it!
Nalgaroth

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm certainly up for this but it would depend on times really for myself but at least pop me down as interested in playing it.

Also first post Hype :P
tysonions

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:26 pm

I am definitely interested in the campaign as well. Available at any times usually.
sephraem

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 am

I'm really interested in this, but I have no proper D&D experience. Such a cohhFail.
"You surrender after you're dead."

“Often you don't know whether a woman is friend, enemy or lover until it is too late. Sometimes, she is all three.”

“Death comes for us all. We can only chose how to face it when it comes.”