This Week in Gaming June 7th-June 13th.

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Hey folks, its that time of the week again! Just in time f
or E3 to! Though I'll do another E3 post when its over; for now tough I'll focus on some non-E3 things the best I can until then! Hope y'all enjoy.

Rainbow 6 now banning on first offense.
This took a while, but it looks like the Devs of Rainbow Six: Siege are finally going to be dealing with the hacking issue on PC, and they're hammering down hard. Ubisoft has updated the the Code of Conduct as well, clearly stating that cheating/modding/hacking will be banned on the first offense; just like last week with Overwatch, this won't be a minor ban, and looks like its going to be a permanent hardware ban once more. This will hopefully help a suffering PC community.

This seems to be a trend, as The Division has announced that they will also be doing the exact same thing, banning hackers on their first offense. It seems that most Devs are tired of giving hackers warnings.

Bethesda responds to "Hijacked" and stolen Mods.
Bethesda is nor supporting their modders, and recommending that anyone who finds that their mod has been stolen and uploaded file a DCMA. Some people are worried that this will be abused, but it would seem that Bethesda wishes that only the AUTHORS of these stolen mods send their requests in. That means your lightsaber mod won't be taken down unless the original author requests it.
Get Fallout 4 for free! Oops.
So, it looks like the Microsoft Live store had a bit of an Uh-oh; and had Fallout 4 for Xbox One free. Only a few thousand people 'purchased' this free version of the game, but the game has been removed from their systems since, and a $10 voucher has been given to all those who downloaded the 'free' game.

The Divisions player base has dropped 93% since launch.
Well, we all kind of saw this one coming. After a lukewarm launch, The Divisions player base has more or less fallen apart, though the game is NOT dead yet. The game launched with around 2 million active players, and while many of those people have stopped playing, there are still over a hundred thousand people playing, that is still quite a bit of people.

Gwent to become a standalone card game.
Heh... At the time I read this article, it was just a leak, but this is a bit of E3 news as well. It would appear that Gwent, that Witcher 3 card game so many people love, will become an actual stand alone product for CDPR, I personally haven't played it, but from all I've seen people love it and were really looking forewards to this.

Well, there wasn't much news last week, but I was able to scrap this together. Seems most everyone has been waiting for E3 to release their news this week!

But, little news or not, thank's for reading, and be sure to come back for the E3 special post at the end of the conference!