This Week in Gaming June 14th-June 20th.

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Well folks, I ended up not doing a special E3 thread, because I'll just babble about how nice Sony's conference was. The main things you should know is Kojima was Kojima, Sony's Con was great, and this years forecast for games is looking bright and sunny with scattered clouds. Joking aside, there was just way to much info for me to cover in a single thread without doing it as a Live Update style thread...

Blizzard/Overwatch Dev's hinting at public test servers, and server browsers.
Well the gist of this one is right in the title, Kaplan has stated they want to have users test the game out before updates, just like in WoW. He states that it would be a good idea to help balance out updates before they're released. This is something that is needed in Overwatch, especially with something like Competitive Play coming out in the next few weeks.

Halo Wars 2 will be getting a PC Port.
Well, it looks like Microsoft is remembering that the PC market is still around, and still very large. So unlike most every other Halo game, Halo Wars 2 will be coming to PC alongside its Xbox release! This is not really all that surprising, as the lead Dev's along side 343 Industries is Creative Assembly, a studio best known for their Total War series (Side note, I really hope Warhammer Total War goes on sale soon.) This is actually showing a huge shift in Microsoft's stance on PC gaming, with major rumors going around that they may be planning to do many more PC/Xbox joint releases, something that many feel is well overdue.

Stone and Parker hint that the future of South Park is in the world of Video Games.
Oh man, I really need to stop with these anti-clickbait titles, I'm giving away the whole story in one line! During the interview, the makers of South Park state their major mistake of allowing someone to use their license to make a game sixteen years ago. Luckily, with the Stick of Truth, Parker and Stone have learned that having a much more hands on approach is far better for the game. It is also their personal believe that in ten to twenty years entertainment will shift drastically towards interactive mediums such as video games; and it looks like they want to be ahead of the curve on that.

Twitch taking legal action against Bot makers.
I'm sure we've all seen relatively unknown streamers go from zero to ten thousand views in about five minutes. Well, it looks like twitch as noticed that as well, and how damaging it has been to the community, and I suspect, their profits. Twitch will now be seeking to take websites that sell these 'views' down, as well as charge them with trademark infringement, unfair competition, fraud, and much more. I for one welcome this change of pace, but hope that people who are unwilling victims of interviewing are not punished for this as well.

That's all for this week folks! I hope you enjoyed this weeks quick read. I'll see you all next Monday, and hope you all have a great week!