This Week in Gaming June 20th-June 27th.*

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:36 am

Ah, another week, another newsletter! This time I'm doing it early Tuesday morning because I was zip lining all weekend. If you've never zip lined, do it, its very fun, even if you're terrified of heights like I am; you're moving 30mph a few hundred feet up in the air, and getting an amazing view of the area... But I digress, into this weeks news!

Dead By Daylight sells over a quarter million copies.
The new Hide-Go-Seek horror game "Dead By Daylight" has now sold well over 270k units. The game that we often see Cohh playing seems to be growing up extremely fast! We'll see if this bodes well for the upcoming Friday the 13th horror game, which may well be the exact same style of game.

Valve is being Sued over Gambling.
Well, it looks like those multi-BILLION dollar websites for CS:GO trading and gambling are being targeted by the teetotalers, specifically Michael John McLeod, who has filed for a lawsuit against Valve for racketeering and illegal gambling. I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how Valve can control these websites, mainly because Valve doesn't directly own them.

Overwatch more popular than LoL in Korean Cafe's
It was only a matter of time, as the immensely popular Overwatch continues to be an unstoppable avalanche in the hearts and minds of many of its players. With 10 million copies sold on PC, it is no surprise that its lovable characters and intense gameplay that it would start to overtake the free League of Legends, however, I don't think many thought it would over take League in its homeland of Korea.

ORION pulled from Steam at request of Activision!
Oh geez, that's clickbaity, sorry. Let me clear that up a bit. Trek Industries, the dev team for the Dino hunting game ORION, has been issued a DCMA by Activision, because Activision believes that ORION is using art and weapon models from their Call of Duty franchise. This has happened very recently, and during the Steam Summer sale, which is certainly going to damage the games sales.

Sorry for keeping it short and sweet today folks! Not a lot of Post E3 news, and I've gotten a bit less rest than usual lately... I'll do better next week, I swear! But as for now, I'm going to sleep, and I wish you all a happy Morning, evening, or High Noon! Goodnight!

*I may come back to this newsletter and pretty it up a bit, my brain is nonfunctional right now.
ctrlaltfrank

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Alright folks... I'll be updated more on the ORION incident as more information comes out; all I can say is that its going to be interesting to see how this goes down...