This Week in Gaming July 25th-August 1st.

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Good afternoon and Happy Monday everyone; I hope you're having a good one! Well its that time of the week again, where I let y'all know about some news that's happened over the week that you guys might have missed, so lets get started!

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Actually good!
Okay, you've got me. This isn't actually news. But EDF! is one of my all time favorite things. But who doesn't like killing giant insects while listening to awful voice acting? To be fair, the voice acting is awful on purpose; and it makes the game feel like an amazing cheesy 80's Sci-Fi movie. If you've ever liked Dynasty Warriors, or if you've ever liked EDF; this is a great pickup!

Disney Infinity shutting down.
There was an attempt. I for one never played Disney Infinity, but I know some people with kids who loved it. Disney attempted to jump on the "Skylanders" hype train, with their own characters in this toy driven game; and it looks like Disney is getting out of the games business entirely; as their shutting down Avalanche studio and will be licensing their IP's out to third party dev's from now on.

Xbox One price cut to $249.
It looks like Microsoft is really trying to get their Xbones out the door now, with their THIRD price cut in the past couple of months. With this latest Console War being won entirely by the PS4; I can imagine what is going through their minds in doing this; However this all comes before the Xbox One S release... Which is slated for tomorrow, August the 2nd, and will cost $399 now; it looks like Microsoft is just trying to get rid of the older models of the Xbox already out.

Pokemon Go July 2016- July 2016.
Oh boy, now for some drama... Niantic may be a case of getting to big for their own britches with the initial boon they got from Pokemon Go. But fans are quickly turning on them with their latest actions; which include making a bug a feature, and taking down dozens of third party fan websites. In one day, the Pokemon Go app has gone from 5 stars to 2 stars in the US, and as low as 1 Star in the Japanese Market.
Niantic's lack of communication and refusal to answer Support emails has led them to become a highly disliked company, and has millions of players issuing refunds for in app purchases; but to make matters worse for the developer, NOT answering Support emails goes against iOS and Android terms of Service, which may lead to the app being taken down, or Niantic being sued. For now, many millions of fans have stopped playing, and we'll have to see what the future entails for the game.

Bonus: Amazon files pattent for noise canceling headphones...
Okay; so this isn't HUGE news, I'll admit that. Its another noise canceling headphone... 'cept this one turns off when someone says a keyword or your name. I don't have much else to say on this, aside from this is... Great for people like me who can't hear the doorbell when the headphones are on, and focus mode is activated.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all enjoyed the read; and have a great week!