This Week in Gaming August 1st-August 8th.

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Its been another slow week this week, in what
seems to be the seasonal black hole of game releases and gaming news. But with a few highly anticipated games coming in the next month or two we can be sure that there will be an explosion of news soon! So lets get this thing started, shall we?

Fan made Battlefront 3 Game issued Cease and Desist.
But shall live on; according to the dev team. Frontwire Studios, the team behind the fan made spiritual successor to the Battlefield successor have stated that the now EA owned Lucasfilm recently ordered them to cease their project, or to take all Star Wars related vehicles and characters from the game; and as of now, it looks like the team is refusing to roll over and die as of yet; as they issued a statement saying that they will be working on "Galaxy of Turmoil", and turning it into a proper game instead of a fan based idea.

I personally am looking forwards to this, as I was a huge fan of the original Battlefront and Battlefront 2; and with luck, Galaxy of Turmoil will turn out to be a new IP that might bring back some memories.

Sean Bean will voice Civ6 Tech-tree.
It would appear that Mr. Sean Bean, of the Sharpe Series, and Game of Thrones will be doing the voice over for the upcoming games tech-tree; as well as the voice over quotes for a new feature in the game.
Remember when I said it was a slow week in news?

No Man's Sky already has a patch ready for release.
So, this one is ACTUALLY news; and no less about one of the most anticipated games of 2016! No Man's Sky has had its share of drama and scandals, from law suits, to leaks; the game just seemingly can't catch a break, but with the game going Gold almost six weeks ago, it appears that they were not sitting fat and happy, but instead were working on tweaking and fixing issues that would have occurred on launch. While the game may not be what everyone hope it is; no one can deny that the dev team behind this game are working hard to push out a good product!

Overwatch reaches 15 million players worldwide!
If I was a Blizzard executive, I would be dancing all day long, especially after this quarters report showed a revenue of a BILLION and a HALF dollars. This is in no small part due to the massive success of their recent game, Overwatch; as well as their acquisition of King, the studio behind Candy Crush; though it is likely that of this quarters 1.5 Billion dollar profit, at least a third of it comes from Overwatch sales alone.

With Blizzard having such a huge success rate in recent months, we can only hope that they keep up the work they're doing, and keep delivering quality content.

Well; its been a slow news week, and a very slow summer... I'm hoping next week we'll have a lot more news with No Man's Sky coming out on PC this Friday... Which seems to be the only big game releasing at all next week... What a dry season this has been!

That's all for now folks, and as always I hope you enjoyed reading, and I wish you all a good morning, afternoon, evening, or quantum time differential!