This Week in Gaming August 8th-August 15th.

Gaming news from various gaming sites
ctrlaltfrank

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Heya hey folks! It's that time of the week again! That's right, its Monday night and I'm sitting in a dark room alone with my puppy, thinking of witty things to say! And oh boy, it is a good thing I'm not a comedian... So this week was like every other week, not to much going on, aside from No Man's Sky! And is there just a little bit of information on that this week, and not all of it good... So lets get started, shall we?

Despite rocky start, No Man's Sky sells well.
Now, we've all heard of two players on the PS4 version of the game finding each other on Day 1, and not seeing each other... And we've all certainly heard or seen of the extreme graphical errors, pop-in, FPS lag, and hitches that have accompanied the games launch. What most people probably haven't heard is that the game has sold fairly well thus far, despite all of these issues.

On Steam alone, No Man's Sky has had an all time peak of 212,321 concurrent players; making No Man's Sky one of the best Steam Launches of 2016. This is not counting the fact that No Man's Sky is the second biggest launch on the Playstation 4. At this point, we can only hope that HelloGames will continue to patch the game, and improve upon it.

Overwatch raises tickrate from 20 to 60.and the internet exploded.
Where were you when the great trickrate change occurred? I was playing Overwatch incidentally. The change from 20 ticks to 60 has drastically changed the pace of the game in many peoples eyes; making for a better experience. This is a request that a large majority of players have been asking for since the launch of the game; especially those in the competitive scene of the game. With this very slight change, Blizzard has made a huge part of its fanbase very happy; while many others won't even notice the change for the better.

Fan made Pokemon Uranium released, quickly ordered to close.
Many people may have noticed a small fan made project named Pokemon Uranium being released, certainly the 1.5 million people who downloaded the game took note. The game, which had been in development for around a decade, was released for free to anyone who wished to play; and its rapid rise and large amount of downloads caught the attention of Nintendo... Who quickly gathered their lawyers and ordered a cease and desist of the project.