Pantheon: December Newsletter

Gaming news from various gaming sites
dylan_landry

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:50 am

The developers of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen released their December Newsletter on 12/12/18. If you haven't been keeping up with Pantheon news, and would like to gauge player reception thus far, I strongly suggest you check out this newsletter's section on pre-alpha player experiences.

The discussed topics are
  • Hired a new lead animator, character artist, and concept artist, with upcoming positions for web development, VFX, and development operations. Although Pantheon's entire funding has been confirmed via
  • Upcoming new build of the game named project Faerthale which will allow the developers to update many animations, models, sounds, and effects.
    This project, dubbed Project Faerthale, will show Pantheon as it is meant to be experienced. Notice I said “experienced” and not “played” because we believe this next iteration will be much, much closer to our goal of creating a full world, a home, not just a game.

• The lore of Pantheon Spriggens was described. In short, they are the remaining spawn of the planet's ancient roots, the roots themselves since eaten through by the Great Wyrm beneath the planet's crust. The spriggens travel the face of the planet spreading life wherever they can.
    These new offspring of the Seed of Life were known as her Spriggan, and it is said they bore the markings of the Seed of Life, who they call “The Face in the Deep”. To them she gave the Verdant Shards, sacred crystals that hold a portion of the Seed’s power. Yet no more had the Face in the Deep instructed the Spriggan on what the Verdant Shards were than the Great Wyrm devoured the final root, and her presence vanished from their sight.

• If you are looking for player's receptions of pre-alpha thus far, here it is!
    Darran L I can't really explain it in words to those who have not experienced it. There is often doubt, or concern that the developers are not producing or that they are having major issues and will be unable to finish the game. But from the inside looking out, I can tell you first hand that between each of the Pre-Alpha sessions there have been leaps and bounds of progress made towards the end goal. Yes the game is still way early in development, but the progress being made is unreal.

Here again is a link to the Pantheon December Newsletter. If you're excited about Pantheon, or just want to chat about it, let me know! I'd love to discuss that sort of stuff with Cohhilition members. I cannot wait for the day the we get our hands dirty with Pantheon.

-- Dylan :cohhH: