Landmark Cache Clear Bat File + Auto-Run + How To

Drk1lucian

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am

This is a how-to guide and script for an auto-clear cache and auto-run bat file for Everquest Next Landmark for those of you who end up with massive cache files and end up crashing or just like the clean-up.
(Windows Only)

We start by making a new text document/notepad document on your desktop. This can be done by either right clicking and making a new one, or simply starting notepad from the run command.
(Winkey + R > "notepad" > Enter)

If you've installed the game to the default location like I have, simply copy paste the following into the text document now open:

Code: Select all

set /p answer=Do you want to clear your cache? (Y/N)
if /i "%answer:~,1%" EQU "Y" goto cache
if /i "%answer:~,1%" EQU "N" goto game
:cache
rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest Next Landmark\Cache"
echo Directory Removed
goto game
:game
start "" "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest Next Landmark\LaunchPad.exe"
After pasting the code into the text file, click "File..." from the taskbar, and "Save as...".
Change the "Save as type..." to "All Files", and the file name to "EQNL CClear and Run.bat"
(NOTE: MUST include the '.bat' to the end of the file name.)
Choose your desktop as the save location, and save.

When this bat file is run, you'll be inquired to type 'y' or 'n' to clear your cache, hit enter, then the game will run on it's own for you.

Tahdah!
CohhCarnage

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:41 am

Hmm is this still accurate? I think I may fire this up to keep my cache clear on the SSDs.