Video Card Crashing issues: need Help i beg you.

Leon_Cino_Draws

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Sorry but i'm a noob at these things and at this point i'm kinda disperate right now...

The issue is that, while playing games as Overwatch, my video card freezes for apparently no reason, causing my game to crash. Than reboots with an error message that simply says that the drivers stopped working and that they've been successfully restarted.
I've already done a full reset of the pc ad reinstalled all the drivers multiple times, but the issue became actually worse.
This is the video card i'm using right now:

MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6 GB GDDR5 Pci-E DVI-I Dual Link / HDMI / 3x Display Port LIGHTNING

Now, i know there may be some issues between components so i'll write them too:

ASUS Motherboard X99-A / USB 3.1 socket LGA 2011-3 chipset Intel X99 ATX

ASUS Adattatore Wireless PCE-AC56 Interfaccia Pci-E AC1300 802.11a / b / g / n / ac

SAMSUNG SSD 500 GB Serie 850 EVO 2.5" Interfaccia Sata III 6 GB / s Stand Alone

CORSAIR Memoria Dimm Vengeance LPX 16 GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15

P.S. I use a Windows 10 system

Hope to hear your opinions soon. Thanks
INSTINCTxTV

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:59 pm

[QUOTE="voidwalker91, post: 36093, member: 23002"]Sorry but i'm a noob at these things and at this point i'm kinda disperate right now...

The issue is that, while playing games as Overwatch, my video card freezes for apparently no reason, causing my game to crash. Than reboots with an error message that simply says that the drivers stopped working and that they've been successfully restarted.
I've already done a full reset of the pc ad reinstalled all the drivers multiple times, but the issue became actually worse.
This is the video card i'm using right now:

MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6 GB GDDR5 Pci-E DVI-I Dual Link / HDMI / 3x Display Port LIGHTNING

Now, i know there may be some issues between components so i'll write them too:

ASUS Motherboard X99-A / USB 3.1 socket LGA 2011-3 chipset Intel X99 ATX

ASUS Adattatore Wireless PCE-AC56 Interfaccia Pci-E AC1300 802.11a / b / g / n / ac

SAMSUNG SSD 500 GB Serie 850 EVO 2.5" Interfaccia Sata III 6 GB / s Stand Alone

CORSAIR Memoria Dimm Vengeance LPX 16 GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 3000 MHz CL15

P.S. I use a Windows 10 system

Hope to hear your opinions soon. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Are you using any Betas for NVIDIA drivers or GeForce Experiance? I would make sure that you fully uninstall the NVIDIA driver and GeForce Experiance and all their components. Then shutdown your pc and remove the power cable and turn off the power supply if it has a switch. Open your case and reseat the GPU and RAM (I had this issue where my GPU would hang and crash some apps then in the bottom right it would say the GPU driver has recovered and is now working. I have also had some BSOD related to RAM and concluded that it could of been possible that my RAM or GPU become unconnected in a way that still worked but still would malfunction, turns out reseating and reinstalling the driver worked.) This will ensure that the GPU and RAM are secured and are not being caused by seating issues. Now boot up and wait for a post, if all good login and download the latest GeForce Experience, let Geforce Experience find your GPU and install the drivers it provides! Reboot and verify if it has fixed the issues, if it persists then it may very well be faulty hardware or other software issues. From what I can see of your parts above, they should be all compatible. (I just glanced at them!) I hope that your issues get resolved.
ChefBoyRUdead

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 am

I'm having this exact issue with this exact video card. Voidwalker, did the above suggestions work out?

Thanks!
Toilet_Water

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:42 am

Are there any error logs for the video card in the windows event viewer under system? Do you notice any overtemp issues? Are you overclocking? Best bet would be to shoot MSI an email and open a case with them. They may have some debugging they can provide.
Leon_Cino_Draws

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks for the feedback, i really appeciate it, guys ^^
At the end i found out that it was just a overheat issue. I used a tool to test the video card and i saw it was the overheat. I added a couple of extra fans and now everything is okay ^^
Xer0one

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:22 am

Good to hear you figured it out. In the future if anyone has similar problems and is not related to overheating I would recommend not only reinstalling GPU drivers but a CLEAN reinstall. Not through windows or Geforce Experience but with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Anything other than that won't completely remove the old driver first which is the whole point of reinstalling the driver.
ChefBoyRUdead

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Finally made time to try the above suggestions. A total reinstall appears to have helped a ton, though heat appears to be an issue as well. I'm going to need to pick up some extra fans as well.

Thanks a TON!
ChefBoyRUdead

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Ok, don't know if anyone is paying attention to this or not, but the issues ended up continuing.

Latest I read on my vid card's site was one note to make sure my power supply was robust enough. Sure enough, after i ran a power supply calculator it said i needed at least 540w and I was running off of a 400w power supply. I upgraded my power supply and haven't had the issue for a couple days. /crossing fingers.