FurMark PC Shut down at GPU Temperature 72C (GTX 295 problem)

adis1708

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello everyone!

I have Dell T7500 Workstation PC with Nvidia MSI GTX 295 inside, Default Dell T7500 motherboard, CPU Xeon e5620, 12gb of DDR3 @1066 Mhz (3x4GB 2rx4 in DIMM1-DIMM2-DIMM3 slots), Default Dell T7500 1100W Power Supply, 4 HDDs and installed Windows 10 pro 64bit version.

I am experiencing one BIG problem with my GTX 295 Nvidia GPU (at least I think it is GPU). When I play game (Counter Strike Source) I get black screen. Sometimes after 3min, sometimes after 1h and sometimes I get no problems for few days and then again. I have tried many things to reslove it but nothing helped. I tried downclocking the card with MSI Afterburner, installed all versions of drivers, configured Nvidia Control Panel and now the last I have tried is FurMark test. I figured out that my PC shuts down when temperature of the card comes to 72C (after 2-3min on 1080p test) but that is not critical temperature. I wonder if there is a setting in BIOS that maybe caused that PC automatically shuts down when GPU comes to 72C? I am not an expert in that. I tried CPU stress tests and nothing happened. Everything worked fine and temperature didn't go over 53C.

I am freaking out, I don't know what else to do. When I use PC normally or when I work with Adobe Premiere Pro (video editing program) I don't have any problems and it uses a lot of GPU. So only when I play games (in my case it is Counter Strike Source). I would be really happy if someone could help me with this or give me some advice what else could I do.

Adis
Bloodyfloor4

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 am

How old if the PC?
Have you checked if the fan of the GPU starts running at this temp?
Try increasing the fan speed of the GPU if it works
Tried uninstalling all drivers and reinstalling?
Check if all cables are connected properly
Increase the airflow in your pc by either adding fans or opening ventilation holes, and clean the pc of any dust(Search the internet for how)
Any other problems with your pc like USB slots not working?
From time to time the temporary files can pile up so try deleting those(Appdata/Local/Temp and Windows/Temp or just use disk clean up)
adis1708

Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:41 am

It seems I have solved my problem. I tried before with MSI Afterburner underclocking core speed from 576mhz to 530 but it didn't work. Yesterday I have tried underclocking it a bit more so I made it 500mhz and memory from 1008mhz default to 850mhz. I tried 10 FurMark tests, everything went well, but little bit lower score. I played the game for 3-4 hours and no black screen. So, I feel great :)

Thanks for the reply anyway. If someone could help my solution I would be happy! :) Cheers

Adis