Audio not working from rear jack

RidingWithCJ

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:24 am

Hello,

I recently lost sound on my PC from the rear audio jack on the motherboard and have no idea why.

I have updated all my drivers
When I look at volume mixer it is displaying audio levels, so it is detecting them just not actually producing any sound.

I have tested them separately and the speakers work fine
I don't have a front jack to use
I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times
I did recently put my wireless care back in because the router had to be moved but surely that has nothing to do with it :/
My System Mechanic recently expired but again, that shouldn't have anything to do with audio.
I have also noticed that UAC has decided it needs to check iTunes EVERY TIME, this is also a new irritation that has arrived within the last week
System restore is not possible either because it was disabled or something so there is nothing to restore too

I'm running out of ideas to be honest and everything else works fine, I'm wondering if a setting buried somewhere has decided to change but I'm not that good at PC'ing so don't really know what I'm looking for.

Any help would be great before this thing takes a dive out of my window.

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot_0014.jpg
Bloodyfloor4

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 am

My guess is that you have the wrong device selected in Volume Mixer, as depicted in the image attached try selecting an other device.
Do you have Realtek HD Audio?
When installing the wireless card did you touch the motherboard without grounding yourself?
When you have something plugged in do you see in device manager the device that you have connected?
Attachments
Screenshot_0009.jpg
RidingWithCJ

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:32 am

Changed that, now it is saying Realtek High Definition Audio and still not working.

Updated the driver directly from Realtek as well. AHHHHH
Bloodyfloor4

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:47 am

Could you open realtek hd audio manager?
And what is highlighted inside the redboxes from the image on your screen
Attachments
Screenshot_0010.jpg
RidingWithCJ

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 am

I fixed it!

Thanks for the help, turns out it was clashing with a driver that was "uninstalled" wiped all the drivers completely and installed an Audio Card, now works a treat :D