New to PC gaming. Need advice!

SWIMsWORLD

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:48 pm

I have been a console gamer since the original NES and I am horrible at FPS games on consoles (some of my favorite games are FPS but I cannot aim/shoot so it ruins the experience for me). So I have decided to make the switch to PC gaming but I do not know my way around the keyboard in terms of gaming.

I know the basic keys but is there any tips or tricks that makes gaming easier? Any hotkeys or must know commands that will help?

I always see Cohh use "fov 90" but I am not sure how to do that or what it does?? or I have seen him use a command that lets him walk through walls and go anywhere on the map but unsure what that is or how to do it.

Thanks for the help! I know this all sounds kinda noobish but I guess you could say I'm a noob on PC. :)
JulesHanso

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am

Hi,
i don't know what you mean by commands or tricks. Tips for games depends on the game. There is no good setup for your keyboard or a better setup. You need to find out what suits you. For example I play pc games since 7 and there (many many years ago) every game used the ctrl key for ducking or crouching. You will still encounter some games where this is the case but today they mostly use the "c" key for crouching. I can't play right if crouching is on "c" so I move it always (where it belongs :) ) to the ctrl key. But this is not better or worst it is how I like it. You just need a little testing and you find the setup right for you.

Other things that make your games easier is cheating :D

FOV (Field of view): Is the angle of how much you can see (It doesn't mean it is in every game really a angle number). You can't change that in every game and this is also a adjustment you need to find out what you like. Mostly I play with the standard setting and find it looks strange if the fov is wider then that.

Flying through walls: A long time ago when games still hat build-in cheats you could often fly through all obstacles with a no-clip cheat. Every time I saw Cohh do this it was because he was in a spectator mode. So he doesn't participate in the game but only watches it or it is part of the game.
SWIMsWORLD

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:53 pm

[QUOTE="JulesHanso, post: 45180, member: 84644"]Hi,
i don't know what you mean by commands or tricks. Tips for games depends on the game. There is no good setup for your keyboard or a better setup. You need to find out what suits you. For example I play pc games since 7 and there (many many years ago) every game used the ctrl key for ducking or crouching. You will still encounter some games where this is the case but today they mostly use the "c" key for crouching. I can't play right if crouching is on "c" so I move it always (where it belongs :) ) to the ctrl key. But this is not better or worst it is how I like it. You just need a little testing and you find the setup right for you.

Other things that make your games easier is cheating :D

FOV (Field of view): Is the angle of how much you can see (It doesn't mean it is in every game really a angle number). You can't change that in every game and this is also a adjustment you need to find out what you like. Mostly I play with the standard setting and find it looks strange if the fov is wider then that.

Flying through walls: A long time ago when games still hat build-in cheats you could often fly through all obstacles with a no-clip cheat. Every time I saw Cohh do this it was because he was in a spectator mode. So he doesn't participate in the game but only watches it or it is part of the game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the advice! Yeah like I said before, this is still kinda new to me so me trying to describe what I have seen from other gamers is a bit tough. lol I guess what I'm mostly curious about (and bare with me as I try to explain myself in the most derpy way) are any "commands" you can type in game that will help or benefit you as a player. Example: I was watching Cohh play Fallout 4 and during the pirate ship mission, Cohh was able to type in some command and literally follow the ship in the air as it was being blasted off into the building. Now, I am not sure how he did that but those are the types of things I would like to know or learn how to do. Did that make sense? lol I hope so. It made sense in my head.