Replacing Desktop with Laptop

FedC0M

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Hey guys,

I know this most likely has been asked many many times, but going to go for it again.
I am looking to replace my current desktop with a Laptop, I need the portability but will also still connect to my 32 in monitor at times.
Current desktop is self build:

Core i7-6700K
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
32 GB of Ram

General uses will be web browsing and video watching
Gaming would be:
League of Legends
Diablo 3
Witcher 3
Shadow of Mordor and potentiall the new Shadow of War

Productivity is a bit harder, since I would be working MS SQL and PostrgreSQL development and enhancing my skill sets in those fields.
Adding some couchbase and in the future more software development learning.

I would prefer to run MS SQL, Couchbase and PostrgeSQL in virtual environments so that if I screw something up, my entire system is not messed up. This means i would need more then 8 GB of RAM.

Not sure how I feel about a touch screen, and I do not think I really need a 4k display on the laptop screen.

Batter is a toss, up. I do not think i need it to last many hours, but would like to have some batter life. However I would like it to be thin and reasonably light.

I was looking at offerings from Aorus, Razer, MSI, Acer. What would you guys suggest.
Triore

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello there if i was you i would look at these ASUS-ZenBook-UX410UQ what's inside is fantastic a least for my standard check it out !

Hope it helped ! ----> https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-UX410UQ/
FedC0M

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:11 pm

That looks nice, if it only had a 10x series GeForce it would be perfect.