Looking to Upgrade my PC! HELP!

TheGrassyNol

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:49 am

I want to upgrade my 3 year old gaming PC. I'd like to be able to stream and I don't seem to be able to do that effectively on this rig. I haven't done much to upgrade my PC since I first built it. I put in 4 more GB of DDR3 RAM and a Cooler Master 212 Evo. That's about it. I went budget on a few things when I first built it. I don't make the most money (bus tables a few days a week) but I've been saving in an attempt to make this upgrade happen. I'm still not 100% flush with funds so I'd like to remain as economical as I can. I'll post the specs below and any info on where to begin upgrading, what do get and etc would be incredibly helpful and appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8320
MB: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Any help would be awesome and if you need any more info just shoot me a pm. Thanks again folks.
Saltymuffingaming

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 pm

The only upgrade-ability your rig has at the moment without completely building something else, is the GPU, the 960 is a little on the weak side if you plan to stream and game at the same time. The 8320 is a fine processor for gaming, but has poor temp control and will strain under streaming conditions. If you are on a budget, upgrade the GTX 960 to a 6-8 GB card. That's my opinion on it anyways.