Looking to upgrade my PC

Dathuil

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:23 pm

My budget is: €800 - €1000
I live in: Ireland, but happy to order in from Germany or the UK
Gaming resolution : Single monitor @ 1920x1080+ with support for multi monitor
Peripherals: Speaker recommendations (my current ones have some sort of electrical feedback)
What are you planning to do with the pc?: Gaming, Software Dev and Game Dev

Hey guys,

Looking to get some upgrade advice RE my current PC. I have a bit of a unique situation as I case-moded an old Apple G5 to take a full ATX board and now I'm looking to upgrade the existing parts. Here's my existing spec.

MOBO: MSI Z97 - LGA1150 ATX
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K 4x 4.00GHz So.1150 BOX
SSD - 240GB OCZ
Memory - 16GB DDR3 2400mhz (Corsair XMY Vengeance Pro Series)
GPU - 8192MB MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8G
PSU - 650 Watt Cooler Master V Series Modula 80+ Gold

What I'm looking to do is reduce the noise of my Rig at full load, reduce the electrical feedback from the speakers and if possible up the graphics. I will be adding a front fan mounting to the rig as part of this upgrade so I can add more fans if needs be.

Could someone recommend a decent cooling system and GPU upgrade :)

For anyone interested here's an album showing the finished product and how I got from start to finish: http://imgur.com/a/O2VRe
Saltymuffingaming

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:59 pm

You've got a decent rig as it is. If you really want to make it quiter, switch to a water cooling loop. EK water blocks, makes an AiO (All in one) water cooling system for cpu and gpu, that will cut noice down drastically. Though i dont think it supports the AMD graphics cards, so you could potentially sell the card, and invest a little more for an nvidia 1070/1080.