My new gaming pc.

uneventful1

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:33 pm

I can not wait to build my new pc and here is the specs. Ryzen 1300x, asus b350 strix, 2x4gb patriot ddr4 ram, 1TB wd black hdd, 450 watt evga power supply, asus strix 1050ti 4gb, refurbished nzxt h440 envy us, for a total of 623.93 usd with out shipping cost and windows 10 but with instant discouts from retailer. Here is the link https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3xjbBP I do plan to add an ssd to my build in the near future,
Scarrow

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 am

So I'm guessing that you're going for a budget PC build here? I really would be worth starting out with a SSD and then add the 1TB drive later on for storage space. I cannot stress enough how much an SSD will help you in gaming and in general PC use. I have made a slight change to your build that includes an SSD for just $10 more than what you had. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cyNHd6
uneventful1

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 pm

[QUOTE="Ophinucus, post: 50056, member: 113955"]So I'm guessing that you're going for a budget PC build here? I really would be worth starting out with a SSD and then add the 1TB drive later on for storage space. I cannot stress enough how much an SSD will help you in gaming and in general PC use. I have made a slight change to your build that includes an SSD for just $10 more than what you had. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cyNHd6[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the recommendation I will most definitely buy an sdd next time I get paid which is next weak and what are your thoughts on samsung 850 evo 500 gb or a 960 evo m.2 250 gb.
Scarrow

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Both are good but it really depends on what your wanting out of an SSD. The big thing is the interface difference between the two. While both will be much faster than a traditional disk HDD, the 960 evo m.2 will be MUCH faster than the 850 evo. The m.2 reads/writes at PCI-E speeds. However, that gain is speed comes at a price. The 850 evo is easier to install and get up and running. It's essentially plug and play. With the 960, you may have to do a bunch of tinkering in the BIOS and installing the right drivers in order to get it to function correctly and get Windows installed.

In all honesty though, the future of computer storage is in NVME and M.2 drives, just like SSDs were for old spinning HDDs. If you're comfortable with tinkering, you can't go wrong with the 960.
uneventful1

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 pm

[QUOTE="Ophinucus, post: 50059, member: 113955"]Both are good but it really depends on what your wanting out of an SSD. The big thing is the interface difference between the two. While both will be much faster than a traditional disk HDD, the 960 evo m.2 will be MUCH faster than the 850 evo. The m.2 reads/writes at PCI-E speeds. However, that gain is speed comes at a price. The 850 evo is easier to install and get up and running. It's essentially plug and play. With the 960, you may have to do a bunch of tinkering in the BIOS and installing the right drivers in order to get it to function correctly and get Windows installed.

In all honesty though, the future of computer storage is in NVME and M.2 drives, just like SSDs were for old spinning HDDs. If you're comfortable with tinkering, you can't go wrong with the 960.[/QUOTE]
I plan on this being my project pc so i will go with the m.2 when i get paid next and if i have enough i might upgrade it to the 500gb model.
Scarrow

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:18 pm

That works, but I would consider the 500gb model to be a downgrade. The m.2 drive is the fastest you can go, so you'd definitely want your operating system on that drive. I would only get the 500gb ssd just to install games on.