what to upgrade

Arcaill

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am

This is my first gaming pc that was gifted to me a long time ago i never changed anything to it but i'm starting to feel the GPU is going to die soon i never build my own ps and have no clue what to look for or what parts i can still use for the next build? maybe or maybe i just have to buy a new one anyway here is what i can find of info on the parts

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1050 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Motherboard - 970A - UD3P Gigabyte
PSU Cool Master B700

After looking up a few things myself i found that this is all a bit old and much potato i seen there are a few upgrade kits out there but i'm unsure what kit would fit or where i need to start with anything >.<
if nothing go's right, go left
ChangeOfHard

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 am

Hey Arkywoo,

I was wondering what you upgrade budget is.
And what you want to do with your upgraded pc. (that you cannot do currently or only poorly)

You provided the information that you Graphics card is part of the R9 200 series.
Could you be more specific on what the actual model is because the series has a wide Scala of cards.

Now i'm not very much at home at the AMD side of things so it could be that i'm missing some specific exceptional CPU.
But from what i found the CPU you have is the best you can get for that Socket.
And the CPU that you have is certainly worse that a lot of more current models.
So if the CPU ends up being the bottleneck. you might have to upgrade your Motherboard a swell.
And moving to a more current platform will require you upgrade your RAM.

Long story short, if you are looking for a substantial upgrade from this system you might be better of looking for a new computer.

If you get back to me with the information requested above i should be able to give a more definitive answer.

Greeting,
ChangeOfHard