Random crashes and low FPS in games.

Awikan

Sun May 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Hey all!

Randomly for the past week now I've been experiencing random FPS drops, PC freezing and crashes. I'm experiencing these crashes with any game I play regardless of graphics/CPU usage.

I'm open to suggestions as to how I can fix this issue!

PS: Yes I have tried turning it off and back on again.

Thanks in advance!
-Awikan
BarryCarlyon

Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Did you check that you have installed all windows updates and driver updates? Notable GFX drivers.

Also Try reseating your RAM and other components. (unplug and plug back in everything)
rustydevious

Sun May 20, 2018 2:48 pm

What are your CPU and GPU temperatures under load?

Both will be throttled if they can't keep it cool enough, dusting out your PC helps a lot with that.
Awikan

Sun May 20, 2018 3:47 pm

BarryCarlyon wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm
Did you check that you have installed all windows updates and driver updates? Notable GFX drivers.

Also Try reseating your RAM and other components. (unplug and plug back in everything)
Done! I've made sure everything is up to date!
Awikan

Sun May 20, 2018 3:49 pm

rustydevious wrote:

Both will be throttled if they can't keep it cool enough, dusting out your PC helps a lot with that.
I did a bit of looking in to this and it could potentially be a heat related issue! I've ordered some compressed air in order to try and clean the fans! I have a gaming laptop and a pretty beefy one at that. Any further suggestions for heat management with a gaming laptop?
Awikan

Sun May 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Awikan wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:49 pm
rustydevious wrote:

I did a bit of looking in to this and it could potentially be a heat related issue! I've ordered some compressed air in order to try and clean the fans! I have a gaming laptop and a pretty beefy one at that. Any further suggestions for heat management with a gaming laptop?
PC is normally running at 45 Degrees centigrade, though when playing games I notice it does spike up to 70/75