Could use some advice on part selection

Crayvita

Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 am

Hi! :cohhHi:

So I've recently started to upgrade my PC which has reached 8+ years of age... I already upgraded to my current video card on my old setup and I've also gotten a new Motherboard but I am unsure about the other parts I've picked in terms of compatibility etc. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with some pointers if the setup I've selected could be a good one to follow through as it's main purpose is gaming anyway.

Owned:
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151
VideoCard: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3 GB

To buy:
Processor: Intel Core i5-7600k Kaby Lake
Processor cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)

I'm trying to operate on as low cost as possible so my budget would be around the same amount as the current parts. It could deviate a little if necessary. I've mainly am unsure about the RAM selection compatibility and whether the processor would be a good choice as it's still relatively pricey but I've read that it's still the best one of i5 and maybe even some of i7s.

If anyone could help me shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated as this is my first rig I'm building on my own so I am a bit "insecure" about my choices.

Cheers :cohhBoop:
Bangflop

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 am

:cohhHi:

So first things first is that the Z390 motherboard that you have purchased only supports the 8th and 9th gen Intel CPU's so you'll have to get something like a i5-8600k or an i7-8700k, or even a 9600k/9700k. Now I'm not sure if you're based in the US or somewhere else in the world but currently, the 8600K is cheaper than a 7600K so that could save you some money. Alternatively, you could also get a 8700 non-"K" version which means that you won't be able to overclock it, but it's still currently cheaper than a 7600K and is more powerful.

In terms of the RAM, that memory that you have selected will work with that motherboard and overall system.

Other than that, everything looks good in terms of your selections. If you have any questions, please let me know :cohhL:
Crayvita

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks a lot for your help with this! :cohhCheer: :cohhWow:
Cheers! :cohhGG: