New Rig, Windows Won't Install

glutenfreecyanide

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:12 am

Hello Cohhilition! I recently (less than 48 hours ago) built a new gaming PC, and I'm now having issues getting Windows to install on both/either of my SSD's (970 Evo M.2 and an 860 Evo Sata, both 1TB). I have a Windows installation tool on a USB drive (128GB) and a legit Windows 10 Pro USB from Best Buy (less than 5 hours out of the box) and neither one of them will work.

I've gotten the installation to finish and go through twice, but both time it freezes on the "Getting Ready" screen. In the past 36 hours every installation has frozen at every random point it can. 16% installed, 36% installed, 74% installed, 88% installed, 97% installed, froze on the window where I put my Windows key in, so on and so forth. It's been a very bad 36 hours. I'm tempted to just take it up to Geek Squad and tell them to fix it. Specs are as follows:

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E motherboard
Intel i7-9700K
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (the thicc girl)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB RAM (2x16GB)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SSD M.2
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Cooling System

I mean, everything is compatible. Motherboard, RAM, CPU, are all talking, it's just Windows refuses to install and take hold. I thought it might be a DOA 970, but hooking the 860 in resulted in the same thing. As far I can tell both of them are fine (unless I just got a bad batch from both series). Any help at all from ANYONE in this fine, fine, awesome community is more than welcome and appreciated greatly.