Your Opinions - Yamaha Mics & Interfaces for Gaming/Streaming

shadowoflight_

Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:51 am

Hello!

I would like to have your opinions and feedback.

I work for Yamaha, usually for Home Audio (home theatre, soundbars, etc)

They're launching a few products that I'm honestly not too familiar with, especially a weird one for gaming. I would like to have your opinions and feedback on whether they're useful, irrelevant, too expensive, etc, especially if you have experience podcasting/streaming.

1. AG01 - Podcasting Microphone

Info: here

Supposed to be an all-in-one microphone, basically a condenser mic + loopback + interface built-in. Meant for beginners. Looks like it's a good on-the-go podcasting setup too.

2. AG03 - Streaming Mixer

A more 'traditional' setup, with an audio interface, condenser mic and monitor headphones. Mic and Mixer can be bought separately. Like a starter kit for beginners. Small enough to be on-the-go.

3. ZG01 - Gaming Streaming Mixer

A gaming mixer that also serves as a HDMI switch (switch between pc/console). Headphones and mixer available separately.

--------

So any thoughts or feedback?

For the AG01 and AG03, any comparisons with blue yeti, goxlr, rodecaster, etc, would be great.

My main problem is the ZG01.... I have difficulty trying to figure out its target market. My main issue is its price (even for the mixer alone), and that it isn't HDMI 2.1, so even as a switch, it wouldn't work for 4k120 passthrough, only 4k60.

(all links are non-affiliate and go direct to manufacturer's main info site)