Game play recording and editing

DeadlyOnion

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello all,

I have been recording game play footage for a long time using Playclaw and Adobe Premiere Pro - Recently started to add a webcam into the mix which Playclaw does support but it impliments in a horrible way so I record it standalone using the Logitech Software.
Recently been having a lot of issues with Premiere pro just being a huge pain and not exporting the video very well or out of sync despite using the same configuration I always have.

I have installed a trial of both Vegas Pro which works pretty well and Movie Studio Platinum which doesn't seem to like any of the formats out put by Playclaw.

With all that in mind I was wondering what you guys use for recording gameplay footage and for editing it. I am looking for some suggestions of alternatives - Although I have tried a lot and fear that those will be what are suggested.

TLDR; Premiere pro annoyed me - What editing software do you use?

Cheers.
Ashardis

Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:54 pm

I'd use OBS as recording software as you can do a LOT of great options.. kindda like streaming, only to your HDD instead.

For editing, try out Power Director.. it's a little hand-holdy.. but can do nice things out-of-the-box