Issues with headsets separating software

Suliari

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 pm

I was wondering if I can play only skype sounds coming from headset and play through my mic and have speakers play my game music ^^? right now it's not picking up my mic from headset but from my webcam Q.Q and plays both sounds through my headset

Can anyone help me please ?
I have a Ttesports by thermal take headset.
dakracs

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 am

Check your default device for playback is not set to your headset. Then go into skype and put your audio output and input to the headset. Now you have Skype sounds on headset and all the rest on your speakers.
Suliari

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Sorry but that didn't help. I set my speakers as default and my in skype I only put it for output and input and It would take my mic :/ I can't even set up the mic in this headset.
dakracs

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Have you installed the driver/software for your headset? It is a USB headset right? I might have looked at the wrong headset.
Suliari

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:32 pm

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... No=7108946

sorry these are the headsets I have . It worked at the beginning but now my sounds are off. I disable my webcam to see if it helped but it did not.
Ashardis

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 pm

The headset works via 3.5mm plugs, so you need to play around with the drivers a little.

I presume you plug in speakers via the limegreen socket on the back of the PC and the headset is plugged in via Front Limegreen (headphones) and Pink (mic) sockets.

The way to change around these settings is via the sound device settings - Bring up the window that you show in the screenshot. THEN you rightclick on the Comm.Headphones line and select "Use as standard Communications plackback device" or something similar.

Then you click the "Recording" tab in the same window - there you rightclick your MIC (not the webcam one) and select the same "Use as Standard Communications Recording device"

That should do the trick!

There's a caveat - if you connect your headset to the rear of the PC via a mini-jack splitter for the speakers and you insert the mic jack into the pink socket on the back, you can't do it like this - so for easy setup, connect via front plugs and do teh above setup :)
Ashardis

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm

You can also use THIS little program : http://soundswitch.codeplex.com/ :)
Suliari

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Okay well I did that ...and download the software and set it up and now in skype call I hear the video, I try to talk and what is recorded is the video ... lol I'm seriously confused and it's connected in the front of the computer.
Edit :" when I switch between both speaker and headset nothing actually changes. I think my computer just replaces what the speakers are as my headset and prioritize it above the computer speaker.
Ashardis

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:28 pm

If you use the windows panel (not the program) - you should be able to differentiate between Default Input/Output device and Default Communication Input/Output device (Input or Output depending on what tab you're under)
If you make your speakers your default output device and your headset default Comms output device, it should work.

About the input - there should only be a choice between the headset mic and the webcam mic.. If there's a Stereo Mix option, don't pick that!.
If you select headset as default input device, that should set it up correctly (assuming that's what you want).
Suliari

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:19 am

ashardis , I'm a bit confused by making it default input/outpyt on the devices. Did you mean this where it shows the devices and printers? Since when I make it default communication on headset , I can't hear anything at all o.O but it shows it plays music.