The Big Cohhilition Information Thread

Here you'll find information, rules, and other helpful info to help you become a part of the Cohhmunity
Rynea

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Welcome to the Cohhilition!

The Cohhilition website is a place to give viewers and friends alike a home away from Twitch.

We do our best here to help every new viewer enjoy their time here, sub or not. With upholding a good community where people enjoy themselves things can get a little confusing and complex at first. To give you a better idea of what we are all about, you find a lot of collected information on different topics here.

Different Aspects that are specific to Cohh's Channel and Webpage:
Channel Chat & General Rules [+] Show

We like to keep it as respectful and mature as possible here on the CohhCarnage channel. These rules apply to the streaming chat channel, as well as the forums and all of our game server chat.

Mods have been instructed to completely clear the following, however:

1. No racist, homophobic, or otherwise socially derogatory words.

2. We try to keep the stream language "clean" and SFW. SFW basically means no F-bombs, racial slurs, homophobic slurs or insanely gruesome/grotesque terminology. SFW basically means act like you're talking to a co-worker around the water cooler in a polite workplace.

3. Please attempt to be courteous, helpful, and respectful as much as possible.

4. Opinions are welcome, please be respectful of them. Lets keep religion/politics and PCvsXboxvsPlaystation out of the chat or discussed respectfully :)

5. Please keep talk of "Piracy" (Illegally downloading content) out of chat, the same applies to openly announcing that you're using Adblock.

6. Do not spam the channel unnecessarily (at the determination of the moderation team), or with capital letters or use of ASCII, including anything perceived as inciting spam. This also includes but is not limited to Golden Kappa Checks, multi-line emotes, and asking for people to press a particular number, etc. Cohh tries to read and respond to as many comments as possible, and it becomes much harder when the questions are being spammed off his screen! :smile: (For clarity phone Emoji's count as ASCII and as such are not allowed.)

7. Please respect and understand that even though we have many giveaways in the channel and a remarkably large amount of generous community members, we ask that those participating do not ask for/request giveaways or games from other members of our channel. The giveaways are a bonus, not a purpose.

8. Do not post Steam/Origin game keys in the twitch chat. If you want to give a game away, ask for a moderator in chat.

9. Do not spam commands, especially !enter and !claim. Repeated violations may lead you being timed out and missing a giveaway.

10. Links are welcome here in the chat if they are helpful, relevant, and SFW. Please have accompanying text to describe the link contents and don't use shortened or very long links. No random Strawpolls please. Referral links are not allowed. Examples of links not permitted are: Discord Invite links, GOG redemption/discount code links (gift codes use the same link formatting)

11. Cohh loves interacting with chat & viewers, so please try to keep conversations in English! Thanks for understanding.

12. No advertisement of any kind; you can discuss and link games and the like if they are relevant to a topic at hand though, as long as these links don't include referrals.

13. No spoilers. Spoilers indicate information that would give away parts or all of a story plot, outcome of an achievement, or otherwise information that is different from tips regarding game mechanics. Providing tips and suggestions purely about game mechanics without revealing the outcome or plot of a game (often referred to as 'backseat gaming') is fine though.

This rule also applies to topics unrelated to the played game, as well as 'fake' spoilers. Even if the topic is not a game, but instead for example a new movie or book that just came out, don't spoil endings and the like for other viewers and chat users.

14. Any confirmation of a bot or script used in the channel in any way and / or used to enter or claim giveaways will result in a warning to disable the material in question followed by a permanent ban on the account in question.

15. Stating your age as under 13 will result in a purge. As a reminder you must be at least 13 to use Twitch, as per the Twitch Terms of Service

16. Any attempt to name change for personal advertising purposes or by using a name that is against channel rules, while on Discord, will result in a warning, further violations will result in a BAN from ALL systems.

17. We would like to gently remind people that 'trauma dumping' is not allowed in chat. Our community is here to help people feel welcome, cozy, and secure and 'trauma dumping' could possibly traumatize them as well.

18. Please note that neither the mods nor chat are trained in mental health therapy, counseling, or medical advice; we urge those needing help to seek out a qualified professional. We would also like chat to please remain free of these topics and medical discussions.

Note: Rules subject to change in the future as the channel staff see fit.
Tokens - Our Own Channel Currency [+] Show

What are Tokens?

Tokens are our way of currency that we use in many ways to reward our viewers. Tokens are not tied to any monetary system and are mainly a way to give those viewers who are not able to subscribe a chance to get some benefits.

This includes bot commands, giveaways, TeamSpeak chat rooms on our TeamSpeak server and access to game servers Cohh is playing on, just to name a few examples.

How do you earn Tokens?

You earn tokens by hanging out in the CohhCarnage channel on Twitch. As long as you are logged into chat you will earn 1 token for every 15 minutes while Cohh is online and 1 token for every hour while he is offline.

What are tokens for?

Current uses for tokens:
  • Giveaways: Some giveaways have a token requirement in order to be entered and win. Your token count is CHECKED by the bot but the tokens are NOT removed. You do NOT earn tokens for giving away games. We want people to donate games for the benefit of the community, not for personal gain.
  • Commands: Most bot commands require you to have at least 501 tokens before using them
  • Server/Guild space: Some of the games that Cohh plays are multiplayer and that means you can play with him! These games can sometimes have limited server spots, guild space, or the server is private to prevent hackers and the like from joining. To join these you will need a high amount of tokens or be subbed on Twitch and have a fair amount of tokens (such as 1000 tokens without a sub or 250 with a sub). This gives longer time viewers a chance to play with Cohh even in games with limited space.
  • TeamSpeak room: Get your own room in the Cohhilition TeamSpeak! (teamspeak.cohhilition.com) Cost: 3500 Tokens (this IS removed from your working token count) check out https://tstore.cohhilition.com/
  • Personal Bot Command: Get your very own bot command in the channel! It can say whatever you would like so long as it follows the channel rules. Cost: 3500 Tokens (this IS removed from your working token count) check out https://tstore.cohhilition.com/
  • Custom Welcome: The bot will send a custom welcome message for you once per day when you enter the channel. Cost: 1500 Tokens (this IS removed from your working token count) check out https://tstore.cohhilition.com/
Your Custom Welcome message must also include your name or an easily-identifiable version of your name.
How do I check / see my tokens?

You see both your working tokens (used to buy things - these tokens can be spent) as well as your lifetime tokens (the total amount you ever earned, used for checking for game server access and giveaways for example) by logging into the Cohhilition website or creating an account with the same nickname as on Twitch here on the webpage and then checking the amount on the very top.

You can also check your tokens in the channel by using the "/w cohhilitionbot tokens" command or looking below the stream video for a panel showing your tokens and/or giveaways that are currently open.

More uses for tokens are coming soon!
Subscribing and You! [+] Show
First of all, huge thank you to everyone who make this channel possible. Without you, Cohh couldn't possibly continue doing what he does every single day, and for that, THANK-YOU!

Twitch has "subscription tiers", and the following is how those tiers work in our channel:

CohhCarnage Twitch Subscription - $4.99 Monthly
This subscription is directly hooked into the Twitch system. A portion of this subscription goes to directly to Cohh and a portion to Twitch as well. This is the standard subscription for all Twitch streamers. It contains the following perks:
  • All associated Twitch benefits (Icon, Emotes, Subscriber Chat, etc)
CohhCarnage "Double" Twitch Subscription - $9.99 Monthly
This subscription is directly hooked into the Twitch system. A portion of this subscription goes to directly to Cohh and a portion to Twitch as well. This is a higher tier subscription for all Twitch streamers, including a few extra perks. It contains the following perks:
  • Auto-entry into all Community Giveaways
  • Auto-entry into all Hugeaways
  • 1 extra sub emote
CohhCarnage "Epic" Twitch Subscription - $24.99 Monthly
This subscription is directly hooked into the Twitch system. A portion of this subscription goes to directly to Cohh and a portion to Twitch as well. This is the highest tier subscription for all Twitch streamers, including a few extra perks. It contains the following perks:
  • Auto-entry into all Community Giveaways
  • Auto-entry into all Hugeaways
  • 2 extra sub emotes
  • Working on adding more perks, coming soon
CohhCarnage Twitch Subscription - Benefit of Linked Amazon Prime
This subscription is an alternate method to a regular Twitch subscription. When you have a linked Amazon Prime account, clicking the sub button on channel has a Prime" option available. This sub must be manually assigned and is available once per month. It is directly hooked into the Twitch system. This gives the benefits the standard subscription for all Twitch streamers. It contains the following perks:
Cohhilition Grandfather Subscription - Thank-you for those who acquire an old "websub"
This subscription is for those who bought/received a websub and it was active on June 1st, 2017. Our websub programme ended and those who had an active websub at the time were granted the same auto-entry benefits as a $9.99 sub.

No Required Subscription

The following channel perks will always be Free, and will never be related to any paid subscription:
  • Daily Giveaways (Steam games, MMO games, Time cards, Amazon Cards, etc)
  • Token accumulation rate (Tokens will never be tied to a paid system)
Giveaways - All about our Giveaways [+] Show
Giveaways
Wondering how giveaways work? Whenever Cohh decides there will be a giveaway or a random generous viewer is feeling up for it, they will contact a mod to queue up a Giveaway.

Pay attention and the Cohhilitionbot will say what game is being given away and what token requirement (if any) are to entered. When the bot says the giveaway is open in the Twitch chat all you need to do is type !enter or Click on the Video Extension, (to reduce chat span) to put your name in the drawing, multiple !enters may disqualify you from the Giveaway.

Winners will be alerted in chat by the bot of their win requiring the winner claiming the prize from the link provided within 24 hours; a mod will also announce this link in chat. Failure to claim a prize will result in the forfeiture of the prize and it will be put back into the giveaway pool.

Have fun and good luck. Do be aware the Cohhiliton is not a giveaway-centered community; giveaways are for fun and enjoyment. Be respectful of those who win. Also please do not spam asking when the giveaways will be.

CGNA - The CohhCarnage Giveaway Notification Application

This is a section of the Panel Extension (below the stream) that lets you receive an Audio notification when a Giveaway starts, (Currently doesn't let you enter but it's on the road map).

In the Footer of the Panel Extension is an Arrow Icon, that'll let you popout the extension, and close the stream. So you can be notified of a Giveaway without watching the stream, currently you just need to have opened the chat in another window to enter.

Schedule - When does Cohh Stream? [+] Show
Cohh's Streaming Schedule

Cohh is streaming every single day, starting at 8am EST ( 1pm GMT / 2pm CET )

He usually streams between 6 and 10 hours, most of the time split into a morning stream and then another afternoon stream after a lunch break. If you want to know when Cohh will be back you can use the !lunch or !return command, which gets updated with the time we expect Cohh to be back from his lunch break.

Streaming times may change, especially during event days or when Cohh is abroad on conventions and similar. If that is the case it will be announced beforehand.

You will find special schedules for events here: http://www.cohhilition.com/threads/stre ... ule.10443/

The Making and Breaking of the 2000 Day Streak [+] Show
Cohh started his 2000 day streak on October 14th, 2013. Thanks to this wonderful community and his very patient wife he was able to keep this streak going. His last day for the streak was April 6, 2019.

You can see him explain it here: cohh.tv/endingthestreak.

Making Cohhilition Guilds/Clans In Games [+] Show
Cohh is fine with people making a Cohhilition guild/clan in an online game, but please keep in mind that if we ever officially enter the game as a channel, we must be able to take control over that guild/clan or be able to control it with Cohh.
Frequently Asked Questions - General [+] Show
Frequently Asked Questions

Where’d my username come from?
It's a spelling variant of a traditional Hawaiian(?) name of a friend from Hawaii. His name was "Ko", which I later learned was a traditional Hawaiian name. It always stuck with me as an interesting name, as I'd never heard anything like it before that time. I didn't really think about it and a couple years went by. Around the time I started Everquest 1, I needed to make a new name. Something that I knew I'd use for a long time. After playing around with the spelling and length requirements (4 letters), I came up with the name "Cohh". I've been using it ever since

Personal life

First name : Ben

Wife : Laina is my Wife! We met at school in 2002 and been together since.

Who are those little boys with you sometimes?
Those are my sons, Roen Sander and Kai Atlas! Their birthdays are 2/28/17 and 3/15/19.

Who is that baby with you sometimes?
That's my third son, Asher! His birthday is 9/19/21.

Daytime job
My 4-year challenge is complete and I am now an EVERYDAY STREAMER! I will be on every day of the week from 8am EDT to at least noon most days; no challenges and no streaks, just every day streaming. I WILL get 12 days off a year (for family, vacation, etc) but will give far notice in advance. Thanks for making my dream a reality!

Education/Work Experiences
I've studied Game Design at Full Sail University - but because streaming took off, I stopped after 2 years. I plan on eventually taking the last year or so of coursework for a degree in the future.
Before that, I've worked in a LOT of different jobs - I've been an electro-DJ and music producer on the East Coast, last few was in IT support.
Laina is a stay-at-home mom that loves caring for our sons and our little zoo of animals.

What's that sound/furry tail in the corner of the webcam/barking in the background?
We have a LOT of animals in and around the house : 1 dog (Booker), 5 cats (Dimitri, Terra, Ciri, Gary, and Letho), 2 parakeets (Greenie and Grey), a donkey (Eddie Murphy), a miniature horse (Marley), a box turtle (Boxy Brown), numerous chickens, and a bearded dragon (Ash). Laina also has Sunny, her lovely horse at the stables where she trains him using the Parelli method. We have another horse named Gunner.

Do you answer Twitch whispers?
Sometimes, but if you have any business related questions please email [email=' CohhCarnage@gmail.com'] CohhCarnage@gmail.com[/email]

I also ask that you try to keep the majority of questions and comments in Twitch chat during normal streaming hours.
Thanks for understanding!

I want to help out, how do I become a Moderator?
Stick around, enjoy the channel, be a polite and helpful part of the Cohhmunity and Cohh and the mods will notice you.

Sometimes we will need mods at a certain timeslot that not a lot of the other mods are here for and we might open applications.

At other times frequent visitors that fulfill the criteria might get a little inquiry via Twitch whisper from us about their availability and whether being a mod is for them.

It's fine to ask about becoming a mod once or twice in a polite manner, but repeated "not so subtle hints" or any aggressive behavior about this will pretty much disqualify you on the spot.

Is there a way to support Cohh outside of the Twitch channel?
Cohh can be supported directly via tips, subbing to the website and by you buying things from my partners!

Tip directly here

Amazon - click here and for 24hrs, everything you buy on Amazon.com supports Cohh.

The Cohhilition Fanshop - tshirts, mugs, other things with Cohh-related Art on it!

I have a gift for Cohh - where should I send it?
If you want to send Cohh some stuff, Cohh's PO Box info: Cohh Carnage, P.O.Box 71479, Durham NC, 27722 - Please be sure to MESSAGE COHH or alert a mod if you are sending something!
Can I donate a game to Cohh to play?
Yes, Cohh does accept game donations for playing, but please understand he may not be able to play it at a specific time. If donating a game to be played at a specific time, please verify with Cohh that this will be doable before donating the game.

Will you please endorse my charity/promote my event/consider making a charity stream for X?
Cohh appreciates the offers to assist you with your venture, but to be fair to everyone, he has to issue a blanket "No thank you" to these requests. We wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks for inquiring. Cohh might, by his own initiative, give some charities or promotions a shoutout but this is by personal discretion.

If there are more questions you would like answered that you think would be of general interest, please ask them below and Cohh and the mods will answer/update the FAQ as needed!

Frequently Asked Questions - Streaming [+] Show

Streaming Questions + Guides

When did you start streaming?
April 4th 2013

What type of games do you stream?
New releases, community games and classics. Also we have a focus on "Franchise playthroughs" where we play all the games in a series (Witcher, Fallout, Deus Ex, Dragon Age, etc)

How long did it take until you got your sub button?
September 4th 2013

What is your highest sub train?
728 and it occurred on May 19th, 2016

I'm starting up streaming, how do I get followers/partner/viewers/content/all the things?
Streaming podcast (4 parts)

How do I to setup OBS, Greenscreen & sound?
Green Screen
OBS

What kind of tricks/plugins do you use
All of my software (Tips, overlays, website, bots, etc) are done in-house by Tech Team 6 (cohhTT6). Tech Team 6 includes BarryCarlyon, Triwar, Kimen91 & occasional guest artists/programmers.

There are MULTIPLE youtube vids on how to setup SubAlert / DonationTracker just search :)

How do I setup X, remove static from Y, monetize Z?
If you research the subject yourself on various forums & help sites, chances are you will learn a lot of OTHER useful things aswell.
If you plan on streaming, I encourage you to learn EVERYTHING about the technicalities of things, because it is hard work to make it look easy and flow smoothly during the stream.
Better to teach a streamer that s/he should use help forums/google than fix that ONE problem, but leave the streamer helpless for the next 10!

How much money do you make?
I can't discuss the specifics of how much money I make from streaming on Twitch, as part of my contract with them.
I will however say that it fluctuates constantly.

Frequently Asked Questions - Hardware & Setup [+] Show

Hardware / Setup

What's your gaming pc specs like?
CPU
:Intel Core i9-9900K
Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
RAM : 32gb G.SKILL Trident Z RGB
GPU : GFX: RTX 3090
SSD : One 1TB Intel 660P Series PCIe NVME M.2
HDD : One 1TB WD Green Solid State Drive
Monitors : Viewsonic Elite, 27" Lenovo curved panel, 2 ASUS 24" side panels.
Sound Input : Shure SM7B link with a 25 dB Cloudlifter link and a Boss RC-505 Loop Station for effects link
Webcam : Elgato Facecam
Input Devices : Corsair Keyboard and Mouse
Software : Windows 10
Controller : Razer Wolverine

What are the specs for the streaming pc?
CPU
: Intel Core i9 9900k 8-Core 16-Thread
MotherBoard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3
Cooling: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 RGB AIO CPU Cooler
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 1TB OS Install, SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 1TB BackUp
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3200Mhz
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w P2 80+ Plat Power Supply

additional hardware:
Capture card
: Magewell XI100DE-HDMI-4K

This is how it ALL looks like - in action:

And an image of Cohh's mobile setup (laptop: Aorus X5):

What consoles do you have besides PC?
PS3, PS4, PS5, WiiU, Xbox360, XBoxOne, Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo 3DS

Links and Social Media

Social Media - Other Places to find Cohh [+] Show

Thanks guys!