The official Cohhilition Rust Server Rules (OUTDATED - Please see stickies)

the8am8am

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:45 pm

EDIT BY RYNEA 8th January 2015:
This thread is outdated, we currently have 2 new Rust servers up and running, please check the stickies, Thanks.

Server IP: < Redacted for less vulnerability >
To gain access to the fabled whitelist, you must meet either of the following criteria:

Be a subscriber with at least 500 tokens.
Be a non-subscriber with at least 1000 tokens.

SERVER RULES:

1. No racist, homophobic or offensive language over in-game voice or text chat. This also includes your player name.

2. No griefing of buildings including:

Placing pillars on others foundations.
Placing walls on others foundations.
Placing doors on others buildings.
Do not destroy items such as; furnace, workbench, campfire, storage containers etc. inside of others buildings. This is not necessary and considered griefing.
Do not surround others buildings with spiked walls. If you wish to contain a tactical advantage, you can use barricades for this.

3. No consistent harassment of players. If you wish to raid/attack people, there is no problem with this but please do not camp outside someones house in a group for an extended period of time. You are effectively preventing this player from being able to play/enjoy the game.

4. No raiding buildings inside the map designated blue area when Cohh is not streaming.

5. NEW RULES Look at this map : http://rustmapmarks.com/maps.php?h=6whlsO7b14pzs . Follow the zone rules. Violation of these zone rules will result in swift admin action. Map update as of 29th Jan 2014

FAQS:

Yes destroying sleeping bags is acceptable.
Yes destroying walls is acceptable. Although, this is only to gain access to a building. Do not needlessly destroy walls as this will be considered griefing.
Yes building stairs up the side of someones building to gain access is acceptable.

Current server admins:

[O] Bambam (Twitch - the8am8am) (Teamspeak - Bambam)
[A] AADiC (Twitch - AADiC) (Teamspeak - AADiC)
[A] Blade (Twitch - Armathose) (Teamspeak - Armathose)
[A] Busta (Twitch - Busta335i) (Teamspeak - Busta335i)
[A] Weazel (Twitch - Dasweazel) (Teamspeak - Weazel)

NEW Currency System:

There is currently an Admin implemented currency system using "Water Bottles" as the currency.

Drink these at your own risk as each bottle can be traded with Admins for:

150 Metal Fragments
250 Wood
250 Cloth
200 Leather
100 Blood
150 Sulfur
100 Animal Fat
250 Coal
250 Stones
1/2 Research kit (you need 2 Water Bottles for 1 Research Kit)

Water bottles can be traded at the Admin Shop over the weekend for the above items.

You can only get access to Water Bottles via Admin Events which will take place daily at random times. Water bottles will no longer randomly spawn. Please pay attention to the in-game popups if you do not want to miss out!

Please remember: This is a pvp server. It is very easy to get frustrated in this as you can and probably will die repeatedly. Please try to not let this frustration get the best of you.

Have fun, hope to see you in game.

Bambam.
Magaruis

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 am

Something very wicked and strange is happening on the server.

Can someone investigate this?

Yesterday , i logged off somewhere around 4 pm CET. I tossed all my items in the community chest in our building , went to my room and logged off. I had spent some time farming , getting more items for my group. The construction of the building isn't totally finished and i still need want an outer wall. Enough people know where we live and i want to at least give them a challenge if they raid us.

I came back online at 9 pm CET. When i came online, 4 furnaces , 1 workbench , 9 large storage containers were gone. (4 sets of kevlar , half a chest of guns , bunch of ammo , a stack of blood , 100 low quality metal, 600'ish gunpowder, a bunch of ores and unsorted, unimportant stuff).
My first thought was that we got raided , but then i realised all walls and door were intact. My second thought was still that we got raided but someone put a door in place or replaced the walls after they got inside. A bit annoying , seeing as i would have to check with evrybody if their doors were all intact.
When i met up with the other players in my building, they were struck with it as well. Inside their personal room. With all 4 doors intact.

There were also indicators it wasn't a raid. Small storage bags were left intact and floating around. M4 with full upgrades , not something you leave behind in a raid. Another one had 10 C4 in it, once again , the first thing you take when raiding.

I don't want to call hacks or admin abuse. I don't want to because if that is true , it paints a horrible picture. I can't confirm if anybody else outside of our group has been hit by this or if its just the building we live in.

I honestly don't care about the stuff we lost. Its a game and resources can be gotten back. I do however care about the message people are trying to send. If it was done legit, its all fair and no foul has been done. But if its done by means of hacks or admins abusing their powers... I would love to know what message they are trying to send. Because i might as well quit rust and find another server if this is going to be a daily occurance. If it happened by use of ingame means, i can build up more defenses and rethink my building design to incorporate a defense against this. But i can't see any way this was accomplished ingame. Being able to pass 3 sets of doors to be able to destroy them , but destroying the chests and furnaces inside without destroying the campfire or sleeping bags inside a room (thus ruling out grenades glitching or something like that)

Whatever happened , it falls under griefing. I'm not sure if the server logs the destruction of chests, furnaces and workbenches, But i assume all this happened pretty close to eachother and whoever did it didn't bother masking what they did by spreading it out in time. They didn't even bother to make it look like a raid by blowing out walls and doors.
AADiC

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:14 am

I can think of a few ways this happened. Someone in your group did this or someone blew the walls, destroyed your stuff, then replaced the walls.

Bambam/Cohh/Myself DID NOT abuse any powers to accomplish this.
Magaruis

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:25 am

i may have not been clear enough in my explanation.

We are talking inside a room with the only exits being doors linked to me, that i can only open. So a 1 by 1 room with 4 doors. That i was certain were closed. With another room also being raided with exactly the same setup with the doors being linked to 4 persons. So 3 different rooms were griefed in this way. I would understand me being slopped and not closing one door. But i'm certain i didn't forget to close 3 doors.

So what you are suggesting is quite impossible unless they destroyed the wall , destroyed the stuff , logged into my steam account and placed the new doors.

So i was asking if it was possible to check logs on this. Seeing as i myself am horribly confused how this happened and this topic states that willfully destroying furnaces and chests is pretty much griefplay. Unless of course that this is no longer considered grief play and is allowed ?
knight_arty

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Also I just want to add that in one of our communal loot rooms we have four doors that are used by the four different people that live in the house. My sleeper was in this room with full leather, guns, ammo etc. When I logged in the large storage crate was just not there with the small stashes that were on top of it just left floating in mid-air. Now the reason I know this wasn't a raid is because all four doors were still up and my sleeper was there. During a raid wouldn't you kill the sleeper and actually search the stashes? Once again it's a game and everything that was lost can be replaced but I just don't see any way that this was all done through a "legit" raid.
AADiC

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I looked around at what logs there are. None of them give much information.

I have no idea what happened, and I can't do much now because the new patch borked the server.
Ashardis

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Updated with Map Zones & rules changes for this
Ashardis

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:36 am

I also removed the IP address from #1 to reduce risks of bad things :)
Rockstar58

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Cant wait to have enough tokens to be able to join. Rust is my favorite game lately lol.
dasweazel

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Today we are introducing our new currency in RUST.

What you have to know about it:

For now the currnecy is "Small Water Bottle" we are hopeing to be able to

change this to "Paper" but right now there is no way to turn of the ability

to craft Paper so we decided to go for something else that isn't needed

that much and isn't craftable.

So from now on try not to drink your Water Bottles since they will become

pretty worthy ^^

How do i know what the Currency is worth?

We decided to set a price for the Water Bottles for now and a special way

to get what they are worth.

There will be one day per week where Admins will show up and trade your

Water Bottles for what they are worth, we will NOT trade u at ANY other

time so don't even bother asking us. The reason we only do it once a week

is to make people trade with each other the rest of the time if they are

more in need of material at a specific time and don't want to wait for us

Admins to show up.

Pricelist(for 1 Water Bottle you will get):

150 Metal Fragments
250 Wood
250 Cloth
200 Leather
100 Blood
150 Sulfur
100 Animal Fat
250 Coal
250 Stones
1/2 Research kit (you need 2 Water Bottles for 1 Research Kit)

We will only give you the Materials for Water Bottles not the other way

around.

How do we get Water Bottles?:

We turned off the drops for Water Bottles (and Paper for future changes) so

the only way to get those worthy Water Bottles right now will be Admin

started Events.
btgr

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm

can someone change the map in the OP to the current map?
Ashardis

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 am

btgr wrote:can someone change the map in the OP to the current map?
Done :) Thanks for pointing it out!
tukuto

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:20 am

Can anyone here give me access? I meet the requirements.
the8am8am

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 pm

So everyone is aware, we are having some issues with the Rust server currently. Since the recent patch, all server providers have been having issues supporting Rust due to excessive memory leaks. This is leading to the server being down for extended periods of time. Fingers crossed Rust can fix this with the next patch and things will return to normal!
Ashardis

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:45 pm

tukuto wrote:Can anyone here give me access? I meet the requirements.
Post in the Whitelist Waitlist topic!! :)
DrunkenPRayer

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Was talking to some of the other guys the other night. Is there any way to tone down wolf/bear spawns? We know the game is meant to be hard but at the moment it's damn near impossible to even find a boar to make a bow before you get mowed down by aggressive animals that follow you seemingly forever.
Ashardis

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Server IP 148.251.11.11:28035 - DO NOT DELETE THIS POST IF YOU'RE A MOD AND CAN SEE THIS, PLS!
MikeyDK

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 am

DrunkenPRayer wrote:Was talking to some of the other guys the other night. Is there any way to tone down wolf/bear spawns? We know the game is meant to be hard but at the moment it's damn near impossible to even find a boar to make a bow before you get mowed down by aggressive animals that follow you seemingly forever.
I found it not that hard, just took longer than normal... Until I got shot down in the non pvp zone on the map, which leads me to my actual question.

Are the zones on this map (http://rustmapmarks.com/maps.php?h=6whlsO7b14pzs) still up to date?
bombaklats

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 am

i think resources are plenty on this server due to its low population atm so shouldnt be that hard to find mats for a bow or hatchet but its hard to fight against a wolf or bear with a rock i agree on that ;P
DrunkenPRayer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 am

Finally managed it thanks to a lot of sneaking and some lucky boar pathing so one finally didn't run away right into the middle of a god damn herd of bears. Aye resources definitely aren't a problem at the moment due to the low pop just the bear/wolf spawn rate seems insanely high.