RP on forum

Give us your suggestions, hate mail or any other forms of input to make the website better.
pieszka

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Hey guys, being inspired by the latest episode of RollPlay from JP with Cohh, Zeke, AnneMunition, kailty_n and skinnyghost I though of the idea of doing a Role Play game on forums. LIke with DM leading a game and setting story with posts and players could make their characters and response to the story posts with their posts etc.. In which set the game would be no idea. It is just a suggestion as I know from self experience that this kind of RP on forums is much fun to. What do you guys think? :)
Alysante

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:25 pm

I like that idea :D Worked for over an year on an forum-rp-site. Would be fun^^
MavenOfMisfortune

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Really requires people to be active and treat their participation with some degree of respect, though. Just like in any pen and paper RPG or similar. But definitely possible so long as there's a GM capable and willing of handling such a chaotic campaign!
pieszka

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:18 am

[QUOTE="MavenOfMisfortune, post: 33478, member: 55411"]Really requires people to be active and treat their participation with some degree of respect, though. Just like in any pen and paper RPG or similar. But definitely possible so long as there's a GM capable and willing of handling such a chaotic campaign![/QUOTE]

Indeed as not all people have the same ammount of time as others. On my old forum sometimes posts for RP were made once a week or once a month (depending on how much time people had). Good GM is needed for the game to achive a success as it requires a lot of sacrifice and time from GM to make story, posts etc.

I have some experience in RP on forum a few years back aswell (mainly: G.I.Joe, Transformers, X-men some Forgotten Realms aswell) but did not put any time into it for a last few years (forum died+was busy). I have a bit experience in GM (was taking part in RP as player most of time though) depending on what kind of world/game it would be. I am open to suggestions, ideas and feedback. Should this idea found interest in more people we can think about making something. Good Vibes to all of you lovely people <3
Rodr1c

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:48 pm

[QUOTE="pieszka, post: 33489, member: 60683"]Indeed as not all people have the same ammount of time as others. On my old forum sometimes posts for RP were made once a week or once a month (depending on how much time people had). Good GM is needed for the game to achive a success as it requires a lot of sacrifice and time from GM to make story, posts etc.

I have some experience in RP on forum a few years back aswell (mainly: G.I.Joe, Transformers, X-men some Forgotten Realms aswell) but did not put any time into it for a last few years (forum died+was busy). I have a bit experience in GM (was taking part in RP as player most of time though) depending on what kind of world/game it would be. I am open to suggestions, ideas and feedback. Should this idea found interest in more people we can think about making something. Good Vibes to all of you lovely people <3[/QUOTE]

If you would like to pursue this and need anything setup on the forums for a place to do it, just let me know and I'll gladly accommodate in any way I can.
pieszka

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:36 am

[QUOTE="Rodr1c, post: 33503, member: 1"]If you would like to pursue this and need anything setup on the forums for a place to do it, just let me know and I'll gladly accommodate in any way I can.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Rodr1c if I could I would. But I do not have lot of time due to new work. Although I could help with a RP as a additional GM if anyone other would like to try lead some game.