Moderator Application Sub-Forum

Give us your suggestions, hate mail or any other forms of input to make the website better.
MechaToast

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Hey Cohhmunity,

I was just thinking that if Cohh ever needed more mods, why not make a forum he can just browse through to find someone he sees fit?

Just a thought is all.

See you later,

MT
Keldegur

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 am

While it is an important issue, I think that a whole forum subsection is a waste of space. A single thread in the news section should do fine for this, no need for a full section. Don't forget the more sections there are, the more people have to scroll in order to get to the sections they actually want. A whole section would only be justified if there are enough topics and threads to fill it. With mod applications easily covered in a single thread thats not really the case.
MechaToast

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Keldegur wrote:While it is an important issue, I think that a whole forum subsection is a waste of space. A single thread in the news section should do fine for this, no need for a full section. Don't forget the more sections there are, the more people have to scroll in order to get to the sections they actually want. A whole section would only be justified if there are enough topics and threads to fill it. With mod applications easily covered in a single thread thats not really the case.
You're right! That sounds like a much better idea.
MechaToast

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Keldegur wrote:While it is an important issue, I think that a whole forum subsection is a waste of space. A single thread in the news section should do fine for this, no need for a full section. Don't forget the more sections there are, the more people have to scroll in order to get to the sections they actually want. A whole section would only be justified if there are enough topics and threads to fill it. With mod applications easily covered in a single thread thats not really the case.
We should get a mod/Cohh to make a thread then.
Ashardis

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

MechaToast & Keldegur :
Thanks for a great initiative, but if the need for more / other mods should arise, I'm most certain that Cohh will communicate this on the stream.

The way that it has worked previously is that you spend a lot of time on the stream, hang out, enjoy the vibe of the Cohhmunity and that you contribute to the positive groove without it clearly being a selfish "look at me, I'm soo (insert appropriate here)" and that you participate without being disruptive or dismissive of other peoples right to feel in a certain way. Happy, helpful and respectful should be the tone of the day.
If you do this, over a certain period of time, and make a good impression, then Cohh might send you a Twitch msg asking for a non-committal reply as to whether being a Mod is something you'd be interested in. If you accept, then Cohh & the other mods will take it from there with regards to the whole "interview process".

All of the above applies only if Cohh is looking for mods - if he's not, then no amount of good behavior or blatant bribes will make you a mod.

Also know that the best way to ensure that you will NEVER be a mod, is to blatantly and repeatedly ask to be given mod status in stream chat, especially when Cohh is online. Exempted from this "rule" is a short msg here or on Twitch stating your availability should Cohh be looking for a mod when he has said on stream that he's actively looking for mods.