Website givaways? (I'm not asking for giveaways!=)

Give us your suggestions, hate mail or any other forms of input to make the website better.
arriz87

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 pm

I was just thinking. Now that twitch don't allow giveaways for sub-only Giveaways & HUGE-Aways.
Why not make some kind of giveaway system on the website for website subs?
Twitch doesn't really have anything to do with the website do they?
I'm not a sub so it's not me being greedy, and please don't think that of me...
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Ahven1

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:40 pm

It's still against Cohhs state law if you do giveaway for subs. :(
I guess could do giveaway for all registered user and make some offical rules.....thats the only way for it not to be illigal.
I think not sure
Ashardis

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:41 pm

arriz87 wrote:I was just thinking. Now that twitch don't allow giveaways for sub-only Giveaways & HUGE-Aways.
Why not make some kind of giveaway system on the website for website subs?
Twitch doesn't really have anything to do with the website do they?
I'm not a sub so it's not me being greedy, and please don't think that of me...
Cohh's seeking the advice of NC legal counsel to assist in these matters, so this might be a thing - but let's wait for him to get the feedback from counsel first.
arriz87

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 am

Aha it's a state law. I thought it was just twitch being cautious.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Rodr1c

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Aha it's a state law. I thought it was just twitch being cautious.
It really has nothing to do with Twitch. Its the actual state laws governing giveaways/contests/sweepstakes/lotteries. There are specific guidelines that have to be followed to do everything legally and totally legit. Could we do sub giveaways and hugeaways on the site? Sure, but we want to make sure we are playing by the rules/laws in everything we do.
Cobrashikari

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Completely understandable with these laws. Personally, i wouldn't want anyone missing out on these giveaways if i was in cohhs shoes (or should i say beard and beanie!) - Although it's quite hard to keep up with Twitch chat, when everyone spams !enter, it's more than nice to see those people be entitled to enter a giveaway.